I like cooking things that have meat, vegetables and taste wrapped into one. This dish was simplicity itself, and what I liked about it is that I was able to make a small enough portion so that it was only 4 sleever-size servings, without wasting a lot of food.
- 4 ounces cooked ham, diced (I asked for this at the deli in a chunk so as to not waste any)
- 3/4 cups reduced-fat Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup broccoli florets, frozen
- 2-3 mini green and yellow peppers
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Layer ham, cheese, sweet peppers, and broccoli a well-greased pie plate.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs and milk with fork. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into pan over the vegetables.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.