There’s a great recipe for a copycat Noosa Yogurt out there, and everyone who has made it seems very happy with it. Unfortunately that recipe, like the yogurt, has more sugar than I can eat. It’s also for a very large portion size and I wanted something smaller and less sugared. Additionally I wanted all the fat and protein I could squeeze in there. So I whipped up this delicious Smooth Cardamom Yogurt recipe as a result.
Smooth Cardamom Yogurt | Noosa Copycat Recipe
So I decided to try with Fairlife whole milk and half and half, use Splenda for sweetening, and to add a sweeter and slightly different taste, flavor it with powdered cardamom. The second time I made it I used apple pie spice, and that was delicious too. But the cardamom certainly adds a very Indian flavor to the yogurt and my family seems to like that quite well.
I let it set in my Instant Pot on the yogurt setting for 8 hours. I also added 1/2 teaspoons of honey per cup for flavor, but you could omit this if you prefer. You’ll notice I don’t follow the “heat to 180 degrees and then cool” steps that most Instant Pot yogurt settings ask for. It still works for me.
LOOKING FOR MORE WAYS TO SATISFY YOUR SWEET TOOTH? CHECK OUT MY KETO COOKIES RECIPE!
Okay y’all, let’s be honest. This Smooth Cardamom Yogurt recipe doesn’t taste exactly like Noosa to me. It’s not as rich, it’s not as tart, it’s not as sweet. So perhaps I should call this my ” I can TOTALLY believe it’s not Noosa” recipe?
But I tell you what, it’s pretty dang fantastic. We like it better than Greek yogurt eaten plain, and it has a wonderful creamy, smooth texture that I would think kids would love. We’ve been eating this Smooth Cardamom Yogurt every night, and the protein and touch of sweet are very satisfying. Do let me know how it turns out if you make it!
? Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- 2 cups (488 g) Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup (119 g) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 tablespoons (5 tablespoons) Splenda, or sugar substitute of choice
- 1/2 tablespoon (0.5 tablespoon) unflavored gelatin
- 2-3 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) Greek Yogurt, as starter
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) Ground Cardamom, cinnamon, or apple pie spice or other sweet seasoning of your choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1.5 teaspoons) Honey, (optional)
- Heat the milk and cream in the microwave for two minutes.
- Put some of the warm milk in the gelatin and mix until smooth, and then add this mixture to the milk and cream.
- Add the starter yogurt and the powdered cardamom and stir or whisk until everything has been well-incorporated.
- Set your Instant Pot to its Yogurt setting, which may be 8 hours by default.
- Once it's done, add in the Splenda and honey, stir everything together. Don't add the sweetener before it's set, as it tends to make the yogurt less firm.
- Let it sit in the fridge for 6-8 hours otherwise it will be runny. Gelatin needs to be cooled before it will set so do not be in a tearing rush to eat it. It's totally worth the wait.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!