These little keto cookies won’t last long. Perfect texture, 10 min prep, and incomparable taste. You may find yourself choosing these spiced keto cookies over sugary ones. These little ones are gluten-free, vegetarian, low-carb, keto, and if you sub the butter with coconut oil, they are also dairy-free and paleo. So there. You now have a good excuse to eat them.
Sherlyn shared a Spice cookies recipe with all of us on the Two Sleevers Group. She had two versions one with flour and the other with almond flour.
So of course, we wanted to try these. Alex (my 17-year old son) is really into baking, so I asked him to make the first batch. We liked them but they were a little softer and crumblier than we wanted, and while they tasted good, I didn’t think they’d travel as well.
I started tweaking the original recipe, and of course, cutting out steps where possible.
This streamlined recipe for these gluten-free, low carb spiced keto cookies will take you about 10 minutes to put together and 10-15 minutes to bake.
That is a little dangerous if you think about it.
I have to say, these are the BEST low carb cookies I’ve ever tasted—and I’ve spent a lot of money trying various commercial keto cookies.
Many of those taste like fiber or sawdust. These do not. These taste like COOKIES.
We ran a #photochallenge in our Facebook group (link to group here) to encourage people to try new dishes, and to up their photo game. Winners are chosen based on the quality of the photos, and they are generous enough to give me permission to post their photos in this post!
The photo below was taken by Jen Neefer, isn’t it great?!
A little about Jen: “I am a dedicated Instant Pot cook, with a side dabbling of Air Fryer. My stove and my oven are dead to me. (My friend actually baked these spice cookies as dessert at one of our Instant Pot parties. They were so perfect I had to snap a photo.) My favorite things to cook are… well any recipe from Urvashi, since I know it’s going to (a) be stupid-simple, (b) use minimal, mostly-common ingredients, and (c) be packed with amazing layers of flavor. My my favorite thing to EAT is her 3-2-2-1 Texas Chili. As far as I am concerned, it is her Butter Chicken of Tex-Mex an is absolutely Get In Mah Mouth delicious!”
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS GLUTEN-FREE LOW CARB SPICED KETO COOKIES
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
GLUTEN-FREE LOW CARB KETO SPICE COOKIES
- 4 tbsp softened butter or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp agave nectar (or sub water if your macros can't take it)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
Add Dry Ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a hand blender, cream together the butter, agave nectar, egg, and water.
- To this mixture, add all the dry ingredients and mix well on low speed.
- Roll into 2 tsp balls and arrange on a baking tray with parchment paper. They don't really spread too much but leave a little room between them.
- Bake for 12-15 mins until the tops have lightly browned.
- Once cooled, store in an air-tight container. For like, the one hour these will be around before you eat them all.
- 18 cookies, Nutrition info per cookie
- I haven't experimented with substituting something else for the egg so I can't answer any questions about that.