Few things are as delicious and satisfying as a pan of freshly baked low carb cookies. They're warm, gooey, chocolatey, and wonderfully sweet. They're the very definition of dessert comfort food. With my Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, you'll be enjoying all the ooey gooey-ness of chocolate cookies without all the carbs and sugar!
Why You Need These Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto. Only 2 net carbs per cookie.
- Gluten Free. This low carb chocolate chip cookie recipe uses almond flour, so they don't contain gluten.
- Sugar Free. I use Truvia and sugar free chocolate chips instead of real sugar.
- Fast. Done in under 30 minutes.
- Easy. Just pour, mix, and bake.
- Delicious. What's better than the perfect low carb cookie?
Let's face it when you crave dessert you crave something sugary and full of carbs. So when you're on a Keto diet you've got to find low carb desserts to satisfy that sweet tooth. And the best way to do that is to simply sub out the high carb ingredients with something low carb. That's where my low-carb dessert recipes come into play.
My Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe swaps out the flour for almond flour and the sugar for Truvia, resulting in delicious easy chocolate chip keto cookies that are every bit as good as the original!
Don't believe me? Try them for yourself. As a matter of fact, bake some for your non-keto friends. They'll be surprised to find out that they're low-carb and gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. And don't be surprised if anybody asks for the recipe. Keto cookies are the answer to your craving woes.
Note: Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is for each cookie.
Can I Eat A Chocolate Chip Cookie On Keto?
Absolutely. But it has to be my recipe. Don't go grab just any chocolate chip cookie. That's sure to throw you out of ketosis. This cookie with sugar-free chocolate chips will cure your cravings without ruining your macros for the day.
How Many Carbs Are In A Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie?
Three. Yes, these cookies still have 3 carbs each. But if you're counting net carbs, they only have 2. While that may sound like a lot to you, I promise they're worth it.
And if you've ever NEEDED a chocolate chip cookie while watching what you eat, you know that those 2 carbs are way more reasonable than 9 in a non-keto cookie.
Ingredients You'll Need
Can You Have Almond Flour On Keto?
Yes, you can. I use almond flour in these chocolate chip cookies as a low-carb replacement for traditional flour. It holds up just as well as all-purpose flour and makes for an almost unidentifiable substitution in the finished product. Plus, it only has one net carb per serving (though a serving is fairly small).
Are Lily's Chocolate Chips Keto?
You'll be happy to hear that one of the most popular brands of sugar-free chocolate chips on the market is in fact keto!
Sometimes you just can't be bothered with another recipe. If you don't have time to make your own, check out my favorite sugar free chocolate chips on Amazon.
Looking for a quick and easy low carb chocolate chip recipe? Check out my Keto Chocolate Chips Recipe!
How To Make Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Add butter and Truvia to the mixer bowl.
2. Mix until well incorporated.
3. Add egg to the mixture.
4. Mix until well incorporated.
5. Add almond flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract to the mixture.
6. Mix until well incorporated.
7. Add sugar free chocolate chips and nuts to the mixture.
8. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
9. Drop keto cookie dough by heaped tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet and bake at 350F for 14-15 minutes.
Looking For More Keto Recipes?
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Bars - Taste just like peanut butter cups.
- Keto Meatloaf - Perfect meal for the whole family.
- Keto Breakfast Pancakes - More than just eggs for breakfast.
- Chicken Korma - Authentic Indian flavors.
- Chicken Vindaloo - the perfect amount of spice in an easy meal.
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash - a treat for the eye and the tastebuds.
- Keto Granola - The perfect snack or on the go breakfast.
- Keto Ginger Cookie Recipe - Taste just like ginger snaps.
- Low Carb Desserts - A complete list of my favorites.
- Keto Mug Cakes- A low carb treat made quick and easy in your microwave.
If you are in love with this keto dessert recipe, go check out my Keto Dessert cookbook HERE!
These Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies are a delicious and gooey example of how easy the Keto lifestyle can truly be! Make sure to let me know in the comments if you enjoyed them!
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and Truvia.
- Add egg and mix.
- Add almond flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Drop by heaped tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet to make 24 cookies.
- Bake at 350F for 14-15 minutes until done.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Originally Published July 23, 2017