If you want to make a chicken and mushroom recipe, but don’t want to use cream of mushroom soup, have I got just the thing for you! Super easy, very delicious pour and cook, creamy chicken and mushrooms with garlic makes an elegant but family-friendly dinner–if your family likes mushrooms of course!
I never cook with canned soups at all. I have no idea what’s in them, they invariably have flour which I try to avoid, but really, the main reason I don’t cook with them is that it’s so easy to make your own thick and creamy soup.
A few aromatics, lashings of cream, and hey presto! You’ve got a wonderful low carb chicken recipe–and if you do it right, it can even be a keto chicken recipe which is just perfect.
What’s nice about this particular chicken and mushroom dish is that not only is it made in the Instant Pot (or any other pressure cooker), but it also includes spinach and other vegetables. This way, you can make one dish and have it contain meat, sauce, and vegetables. It makes dinner time very easy.
Want another melt in your mouth Instant pot chicken recipe that’s super simple, but absolutely delicious? Try my French Garlic Chicken recipe! It’s also Keto friendly!
You could also make my Keto Creamy Pesto Chicken in your pressure cooker! This one is well-loved and full of flavor, but in traditional TwoSleever’s fashion, it’s stupid simple! Click here to make it!
VARIATIONS ON THIS INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM RECIPE:
- Swap out swiss chard or kale for the spinach
- Change out the mushrooms you use, or better still use a mix of mushrooms for an even deeper flavor
- Make it with chicken breast instead. Be sure to cut the chicken breast in half at the thickest part to ensure even cooking in the pressure cooker.
★ DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DON’T FORGET TO GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW! JUST CLICK ON THE STARS IN THE RECIPE CARD TO RATE.
If you want to make a chicken and mushroom recipe, but don't want to use cream of mushroom soup, have I got just the thing for you! Super easy, very delicious pour and cook, creamy chicken and mushrooms with garlic makes an elegant but family-friendly dinner--if your family likes mushrooms of course!
- Turn the Instant Pot on Sauté. When it is hot, add the butter and allow it to melt. Add garlic cloves and stir. Allow them to soften, about 1 minute, taking care to not burn the garlic.
- Add onions and mushrooms, and stir to coat with the butter
- Add thyme, chicken, salt, pepper, and water. Place the baby spinach leaves on top.
- Set the Instant Pot at High pressure for 8 minutes. When cook time is complete, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and turn the Instant Pot to Sauté once again. Pour in the cream in a steady stream, while stirring. The sauce will start to thicken, about 5-8 minutes. Add in lemon juice while still stirring, and then you are ready to serve your masterpiece.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.
Don’t forget to check out my Instant Pot Fast & Easy Cookbook!
This book is full of all kinds of boldly flavored and internationally-themed recipes—Mexican, Thai, Moroccan, and more—with Instant Pot Fast & Easy, fully authorized by Instant Pot. Just like you have come to expect, my recipes will work perfectly every time, and of course taste great too. And because these are Instant Pot recipes, dishes like Japanese Chicken Curry, Chinese Steamed Ribs, and Mexican Pulled Pork are ready in a fraction of the time they would take using traditional cooking methods. As with all of my recipes, the focus is on whole foods instead of artificial convenience ingredients, so the recipes are delicious, easy, and healthful too.