Use the soup setting on your Instant Pot to make this rich and delicious Instant Pot Jordanian Mansaf. It comes together quickly and is fall-apart tender when it's finished cooking. I took a lot of shortcuts while making this Mansaf--because that's just how I roll. But it tastes authentic despite all that.
Instant Pot Jordanian Mansaf
Mansaf is often referred to as Jordan's national food. It's very common across Arab countries and is served often over rice or bulgur. I love making traditional dishes with traditional flavors easier to and faster to cook with my Instant Pot, so I decided I was going to make Instant Pot Jordanian Mansaf.
This dish will use the soup button on your Instant Pot to make the Instant Pot Jordanian Mansaf turn out just like it's supposed to. You will need to saute the ghee, onions and lamb in the pot before setting it to pressure cook to get that nice browning on the meat.
Between the ghee, the onions, and the yogurt, this Instant Pot Jordanian Mansaf is FULL of flavor and you're going to love it. Serve it over rice, and reserve any extra sauce to pass around the table.
LIKE JORDANIAN FOOD? CHECK OUT MY JORDANIAN BAMYEH OKRA AND TOMATOES STEW RECIPE!
Want More Instant Pot Recipes?
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken is an easy 30-minute dinner and you can make rice on top of it, as the video shows.
- Pressure Cooker Rice and Dal is a great vegetarian rice dinner.
- This Lebanese Lentil and Rice dish is another great Vegetarian Instant Pot recipe.
- Instant Pot Indian Khichadi is comfort food in a bowl!
- Instant Pot Risotto with Shrimp is another one-pot comfort meal.
- Buffalo chicken casserole for the days you want low carb recipes
- You might also like low carb Chicken Biryani that uses riced cauliflower.
- Chicken and Mushrooms are a great combo.
- My kids love Instant Pot Pork Chops with Rice and Vegetables
- Zucchini Lasagna- You won't even miss the pasta.
- Haluski Recipe - A wonderful cabbage and noodles recipe.
- 1 cup Full-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- Using a clean coffee grinder, grind together the spices you will use to make the mansaf.
- Place yogurt, water, cornstarch and the spice mix you just made into a blender container and whirl for about 1 minute. This thorough blending is what will keep the yogurt from curdling when cooked.
- Turn your Instant Pot on Sauté and when it is hot, add the ghee. To the hot ghee, add the sliced onions and the lamb. Cook for 2-3 minutes, just long enough to coat the lamb and onions with the ghee.
- Pour in the spiced yogurt sauce and mix well so the ghee is incorporated into the yogurt sauce.
- Close the lid and set your Instant Pot to cook on the SOUP setting for 10 minutes. When it is done cooking, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes and then release all remaining pressure.
- To serve, place the cooked rice on a platter. Arrange the meat over the rice along with some of the sauce.
- Reserve any extra sauce to pass around the table. Garnish with the toasted nuts and enjoy!