Make a perfect Instant Pot Risotto With Shrimp in your Instant Pot in less than 30 minutes from start to finish, with no stirring involved!
Why This Instant Pot Risotto With Shrimp Is So Great
If you have an Instant Pot, you know it will save you so much time compared to cooking dishes the traditional way. This Instant Pot Risotto With Shrimp is one of those dishes that comes out perfect every single time in a fraction of the time of stovetop.
Now, this Instant Pot Risotto With Shrimp is clearly not low carb. What it is, however, is delicious. I ended up eating mostly the shrimp and feeding my son most of the rice. It's really good for a quick supper.
Risotto is not usually something you'd say was a quick meal idea, but risotto in the Instant Pot is truly a game-changer. Usually, Risotto needs to be babysat and stirred over and over to make sure the rice is cooked without being overcooked or undercooked.
Just follow this Instant Pot Risotto recipe and it will turn out perfectly, just #trustUrvashi!
How To Make Instant Pot Risotto With Shrimp
- Melt. Melt the butter and add the rice, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add Shrimp And Veggies. Put frozen shrimp and frozen vegetables on top. For this recipe, you will need to use frozen shrimp and vegetables. This is because it takes the rice 4 minutes to cook, and you don't want overcooked seafood and mushy veggies. This is also the reason you won't want to stir the seafood and veggies into the rice. Just lay them on top half-submerged in the water.
- Cook. Cook at High Pressure for 6 minutes, with a quick release.
- Mix. Mix, let the water absorb back into rice if needed, and serve with Parmesan cheese.
How To Make Perfect Instant Pot Arborio Rice
Arborio rice is widely praised as the best rice for a risotto, and the best way to make it has to be in the Instant Pot. It's so easy to make Instant Pot arborio rice, and it comes out perfect every time. Just follow this simple method to make perfect Arborio rice without fail:
- Add Rice. Add both the rice and the water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Cook. Cook the rice on High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- NPR. Allow the pot to Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes.
- Serve. Serve and enjoy!
Can You Make This Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto On The Stovetop?
If you don't have an Instant Pot, you can make this Instant Pot Risotto With Shrimp on the stovetop. If you're making this on the stovetop, I suggest you cook the rice and when it's almost done, add the thawed shrimp and mix it for the last 3-5 minutes until they turn pink.
I mixed some frozen vegetables into mine. I'm going to try it with spinach next time.
Can You Make Risotto With Jasmine Rice?
Why yes, you certainly can use Jasmine rice for this Instant Pot Risotto With Shrimp! Just use 1 cup of Jasmine rice, 1 cup of water, cook at high pressure for 5 minutes then release the pressure immediately. Easy peasy!
Looking For More Great Rice Recipes? Check These Out!
- Basmati Rice Pilau - This Instant Pot recipe is certainly one of my favorite basmati rice recipes
- Jamaican Peas and Rice - Authentic Jamaican Peas and Rice at home in a flash.
- Chicken Biryani - Make an authentic biryani right in your pressure cooker.
- Caldo de Pollo - A warming soup that’s bursting with Mexican flavors!
- Instant Pot Dolma Recipe - A fantastic way to make dolma without having to wrap it.
- Instant Pot Sabzi Polo - Make a perfect Persian Herbed Rice in your pressure cooker.
- Perfect Pressure Cooker Rice - Learn how to make white rice, jasmine rice, black rice, brown rice, and arborio rice in your Instant Pot.
- 6+ Best Healthy Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Recipes - A fantastic collection of healthy chicken and rice recipes.
- 12+ Best Pressure Cooker Rice One Pot Meals - Here's a whole slew of recipes that use basmati rice for you to enjoy!
However you make this Instant Pot Risotto With Shrimp recipe, I'd love to hear how you liked it and what variations you may have made as well. Make sure to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest and Facebook so they can enjoy it as well!
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
- Melt the butter and add the rice, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Put frozen shrimp and frozen vegetables on top. For this recipe, you will need to use frozen shrimp and vegetables. This is because it takes the rice 4 minutes to cook, and you don't want overcooked seafood and mushy veggies. This is also the reason you won't want to stir the seafood and veggies into the rice. Just lay them on top half submerged in the water.
- Cook at High Pressure for 6 minutes, with a quick release.
- Mix, let water absorb back into rice if needed and serve with Parmesan cheese.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Want More Instant Pot One-Pot Meals?
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken is an easy 30-minute dinner and you can make rice on top of it, as the video shows.
- Pressure Cooker Rice and Dal is a great vegetarian rice dinner.
- This Lebanese Lentil and Rice dish is another great Vegetarian Instant Pot recipe.
- Instant Pot Indian Khichadi is comfort food in a bowl!
- Instant Pot Risotto with Shrimp is another one-pot comfort meal.
- Buffalo chicken casserole for the days you want low carb recipes
- You might also like low carb Chicken Biryani that uses riced cauliflower.
- Chicken and Mushrooms are a great combo.
- My kids love Instant Pot Pork Chops with Rice and Vegetables
- Zucchini Lasagna- You won't even miss the pasta.
- Haluski Recipe - A wonderful cabbage and noodles recipe.