Make a perfect Persian Herbed Rice in your pressure cooker. This is a super simple, and very flavorful Instant Pot Sabzi Polo recipe that goes well with just about any meat or vegetable--although traditionally you'd have it with grilled fish.
WHAT IS SABZI POLO?
Sabz in Persian means green and is used to refer to vegetables or herbs. Polo is like saying pilaf or pilau. So Sabzi Polo is just a green, herby, delicious rice. This dish is traditionally made during the Persian New Year or Nowrooz but of course no need to wait until then to make this delicious rice dish!
How to make Instant Pot Sabzi Polo?
Now we are, of course, going to take a few shortcuts. The first one of these shortcuts s that we are going to use dried herbs for our Instant Pot Sabzi Pollo.
You could, of course, use fresh herbs like dill, parsley, chives or scallions etc. But I find it is a lot easier to use a blend of dried herbs made expressly for this purpose. So I buy this Sabzi Polo blend from Amazon to make my Instant Pot Sabzi Polo
Speaking of shortcuts, I also don't soak the herbs like many other recipes ask you to, since the Instant Pot does the soaking for you in many ways.
So basically just dump everything in the pot and cook. You could also make this Instant Pot Sabzi Polo with my air fryer Persian Joojeh Kabab that is an easy recipe for a very delicious chicken kababs.
I also have a ton of different Instant Pot Rice recipes here that you might like.
And if you're looking for more delicious rice recipes, my Nigerian Fried Rice recipe is absolutely bursting with flavor! Or make this delicious and authentic Indian Pilau easily and quickly in your Instant Pot! Peas and carrots with rice have never tasted so good!
Want More Vegetarian Recipes?
- Best Instant Pot Vegetarian Recipes
- Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili
- 70+ Low Carb Vegetarian Recipes
- Instant Pot Langar Ki Dal
- Instant Pot Vegetarian Paneer Biryani
- Vegetarian Black Eyed Peas
- Vegetarian Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
- Instant Pot Recipes
- More Vegetarian Recipes
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
- Place the rinsed rice in the inner liner of your Instant Pot. Add the mixed dried herbs, water, and salt and mix well.
- Cut up the butter into small pieces and sprinkle it over the rice.
- Cook the rice and herbs on high pressure for 4 minutes, and then allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes.
- Release any remaining pressure, open the lid, and stir gently with a spatula, taking care to not break the rice.