This Keto Creamed Spinach is one of my favorite ways to eat this leafy green. I especially like that I can use frozen spinach for this incredibly easy and delicious recipe.
What Makes This Creamy Spinach Recipe So Great?
- Fast. Done in under 30 minutes with the help of your air fryer.
- Easy. Throw all of the ingredients in a pan for a simple pour and cook recipe.
- Low Carb. Only 8 carbs per serving.
- Delicious. All of the flavors of traditional Creamed Spinach without all of the time and effort.
If you're looking for flavor, this Keto Creamed Spinach is the perfect side dish. It's packed full of flavor but, it's also healthier and helps you get iron and green vegetables into your diet.
It's easier to eat vegetables when you find flavorful recipes, like Keto Creamed Spinach, to remind you there's more than one way to prepare it.
I was sold on the fact that the air fryer could do anything, including turning veggies into one of my favorite side dishes and doing it perfectly.
Did you ever think you would make Creamed Spinach in the Air Fryer? I honestly didn't know I would either until I tried it then I was sold.
Why Use Frozen Spinach For This Recipe?
Not only is frozen spinach more convenient, it's also easier to make since the spinach is already sort of pressed down. A lot better than trying to cram a large package of fresh spinach into a small container.
I kind of feel sorry for spinach, it gets a bad rap. It's one of my favorite ingredients though because it pairs so well in so many ways.
What Do You Need To Make This Keto Creamed Spinach Recipe?
The list of ingredients for this recipe is incredibly short, but don't let that fool you. It is still absolutely packed with flavor. Chances are you even have most (if not all) of these ingredients in your kitchen already.
Here's what you'll need:
- Frozen Spinach, thawed
- Minced Garlic
- Cream Cheese
- Ground Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Nutmeg
- shredded Parmesan cheese
How To Make Keto Creamed Spinach
This recipe is so easy, it may just be your new go-to low-carb side dish.
This is how I made it:
- Grease a 6 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, onion, garlic, cream cheese dices, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour into greased pan.
- Air fry for 10 minutes. Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Air fry until the cheese has melted and browned.
How Long Does It Last?
For best results, try to eat any leftovers you may have within 3-4 days after making this recipe. It will remain safe to eat after that amount of time, but to avoid separation between the spinach and the dairy in this recipe, it's better consumed sooner than later.
What Do You Serve With It?
The better question may be "what can't you serve with it?" This is such a versatile recipe it works well as a side dish for nearly any main course.
Here are some of my favorite things to pair with Keto Creamed Spinach:
More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes
The air fryer doesn't just "fry" food, it's much more than that. If you don't have one yet, you'll want to get one in order to truly know and grasp what I'm talking about.
Dishes like this Creamed Spinach will never be the same and you'll never want to go back. I know I haven't and won't.
If you like this Keto Creamed Spinach recipe as much as we do, make sure you share it on Facebook and Pinterest for your friends to try it too.
- 1 10 ounce package (1 10 ounce package) Frozen Spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup (80 g) onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons (2 teaspoons) Minced Garlic
- 4 ounces (113.4 g) Cream Cheese, diced
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (25 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Grease a 6 inch pan and set aside.
- In the medium bowl, combine spinach, onion, garlic, cream cheese dices, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour into greased pan.
- Set air fryer to 350°F for 10 minutes. Open and stir the spinach to mix the cream cheese through the spinach.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Set air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and browned.
- To further reduce carbs, cut down on the onions