Watch a Video on How to Make This Keto Chocolate Chaffles Recipe
Keto Chocolate Chaffle Recipe Steps
2. Remove and stir well. You really want to use the heat within the butter and chocolate to melt the rest of the clumps. If you microwave until it's all melted, you've overcooked the chocolate. So get a spoon and start stirring. Add 10 seconds if needed but stir well before you decide to do that.
3. In a bowl, add eggs, sweetener, and vanilla and blend until light and frothy.
4. Pour the melted butter and chocolate into the bowl in a slow stream and beat again until it is well-incorporated.
5. Pour a fourth of the batter into the small waffle maker and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until crispy.
What Is A Chaffle?
It's a Keto waffle recipe that's usually made from combining cheese and eggs as the base ingredients. I've adapted these chocolate chaffles from my Flourless Brownie recipe, and I love how they turn out! Since there's only five ingredients, they're quick to put together!What kind of maker is best for chaffles?
What Kind Of Chaffle Maker Is Best?
I use the Mini Dash Waffle Maker, as it's the perfect size for using chaffles as bread or buns etc. If you want to use a full size, I recommend this Cuisinart. Belgian-style waffle makers do not work well.
Can You Freeze A Chaffle?
They do! I like to make a big batch of chaffles all at once, and then freeze what we don't eat for later. They heat well in the air fryer and stay crispy, so I use it to re-heat from frozen.
What Can I Top These With?
Realistically, since these were made using my brownie recipe, they don't need any toppings. However, if you wanted to add a little something extra, you could drizzle some of the chocolate/butter mixture on top, add some whipped cream, or even use some ChocZero syrup for the full waffle effect!
Looking for some good low carb chocolate chips for this recipe? Check out my Keto Friendly Chocolate Chips Recipe!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHAFFLES EVER
- Patience. That's the best tip. They don't take very long but if you want crisp keto waffles, you are just going to have to be a little patient and let it take the 7-8 minutes that it takes to crisp up. Just when you think it's done? Give it another minute or two. Don't rush.
- Shallow chaffles. If you want crispy waffles, the shallower the waffle iron, the easier/faster it is to crisp up the chaffle.
- No overfilling. Overfilled chaffle makers…well, they overflow of course. Which makes a huge mess! So if in doubt, underfill rather than overfill. No more than 1/4 cup of TOTAL ingredients at a time.
- No peeking. I can tell you from LOTS of personal experience, that opening the waffle iron every 30 seconds “just to check” doesn't help the keto waffles cook any faster. Your best bet is to not even open it for 4-5 minutes.
- No steaming. if you're using the Dash mini, the little blue light goes out when it's mostly cooked, but most importantly, the chaffle stops steaming quite so much. That's a good sign that it's done.
- Get hot. Wait until the waffle iron is hot before you add ingredients, and they're a lot less likely to stick, and a lot easier to clean up.
- Mat it. Okay so about that overflow. I do find that it happens to me more often than I would like! One thing that has made cleanup easier for me has been to put a silicone trivet underneath.
- Crispy Cooling. Allow the chaffles to cool before eating. They get crisper as they cool, so try not to stuff the hot chaffle into your mouth right away.
- Make lots. Make enough to share, everyone will want them, no matter whether they're keto or not.
Whether you choose to eat this Keto Chocolate Chaffles recipe for breakfast or dessert (or even as a snack!), I know you're going to love them! They're full of crispy, chocolate, deliciousness - what more is there to love?
Want Some More Keto Recipes You'll Love?
- Keto Silver Dollar Pancakes - These are SO good and easy to make!
- Keto Bread - Makes awesome slicing bread, toast, croutons and more!
- Keto Chocolate Waffles. So yummy!
- Cauliflower chaffles can also be used for a keto pizza crust.
- Oreo Chaffles! Make a double batch of the chocolate chaffles and make oreo chaffles as well.
- Zucchini Chaffles are another great savory chaffle option.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate for about 1 minute. Remove and stir well. You really want to use the heat within the butter and chocolate to melt the rest of the clumps. If you microwave until it's all melted, you've overcooked the chocolate. So get a spoon and start stirring. Add 10 seconds if needed but stir well before you decide to do that.
- In a bowl, add eggs, sweetener, and vanilla and blend until light and frothy.
- Pour the melted butter and chocolate into the bowl in a slow stream and beat again until it is well-incorporated.
- Pour about 1/4 of the mixture into a Dash Mini Waffle Maker, and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until crispy.
- Should make 4 waffles, with a little batter left over.
Watch The Video
- Serve these with whipped cream or syrup when they're warm for best results.
- Don't over-microwave the chocolate, or it will burn. Only cook and stir until it's just smooth and melted.
- These freeze well! Make a big batch and save some in the freezer to heat up later.