My son was ill today and not that hungry. I wanted to make him something he’d enjoy eating. I know in this country, when you’re ill it’s all about bland food.
I was raised in India, where when you are ill we cook you something with a little zing in it to get a bit of flavor into your mouth. My son doesn’t want zing right now, but I thought he’d enjoy these sweet, sticky Sesame Chicken drumsticks.
Sesame Chicken | Easy Sesame Chicken Recipe
This Sesame Chicken recipe is really quite simple and absolutely delicious! The combination of sweet and savory is incredibly satisfying! And the hardest part of the recipe is mixing the sauce ingredients together, which isn’t difficult at all!
However, I really must stress the importance of lining your pan with foil before putting the chicken in the oven! When I say sticky Sesame Chicken, I really do mean STICKY Sesame Chicken!
If you skip this step, you’ll find yourself scrubbing the pan. And scrubbing. And scrubbing. You may even find yourself throwing away the pan altogether! So do yourself a favor and make sure you don’t skip this step, okay?
Also, make sure you cover the chicken with the sauce thoroughly. This is Sesame Chicken after all, and the sauce is what makes the dish, so you want to make sure the chicken is absolutely covered in the sauce.
Pour the sauce over them and make sure to flip them over on all sides in the sauce to ensure they’re completely covered.
IF YOU ENJOYED MY SESAME CHICKEN RECIPE YOU’LL LOVE MY LOW CARB SESAME GINGER CHICKEN!
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Tag me with #TrustUrvashi if you post and I will share your post!
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- Line a pie plate with foil. Don’t be lazy about this step otherwise you will either be scrubbing forever, or end up throwing out the pie pan.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lay the drumsticks out on the pan.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Taste and make sure it’s to your liking. If I were making this for myself, I’d add a few red pepper flakes.
- Pour the sauce over the drumsticks and make sure they are well-coated. Move them around, flip them, put them on their sides, just make sure the chicken has saucy goodness on it.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes. Flip them over and cover with the sauce.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the drumsticks are cooked through.