Long, busy days call for a quick and simple recipe, and these Instant Pot Enchiladas are so perfect for a busy day. Put everything into the pressure cooker, and then broil the cheesy topping for a few minutes for all of the taste of Chicken Enchiladas with half the effort!
Why You HAVE To Try These Instant Pot Enchiladas
- Fast. An Instant Pot recipe that is done in under 30 minutes.
- Easy. No rolling required. Throw everything in the pot and cook for an easy pour and cook recipe.
- Low Carb. Only 11 net carbs per serving
- Family-friendly. Packed with cheese and spices that the whole family will enjoy.
This dish is so easy to make you might find yourself making it on a regular basis. But don't mistake this Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole as simple tasting just because it's quick and easy to make. It's bursting with big chicken enchilada flavor!
How To Make Instant Pot Enchiladas
- Cook chicken, vegetables and sauce together in the pressure cooker for 10 mins HP, 10 mins NPR
- Remove and shred chicken, add back and place in casserole
- Spread cheese and broil
Tips And Tricks For This Instant Pot Enchilada Casserole
- Try not to add the cheese in during cooking and if possible.
- Don't skip the final browning step. That melty, gooey, bubbling cheese is really what makes this casserole most inviting.
- Make and use homemade enchilada sauce
- Substitute ground beef for the chicken. In that case, reduce cook times to 5 minutes.
What Do You Eat With Keto Chicken Enchiladas?
While this Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe is extremely filling and satisfying, you might want a side dish to break up some of the richness of the flavors or something lower in carbs to keep your portion size small.
If that's the case, here are a few things that might pair well with this Chicken Enchilada Casserole:
How To Keep Corn Tortillas From Getting Soggy In Enchiladas
I know this seems like a no-brainer, but just skip them! Eating low carb has a ton of benefits, and in this case, it lets you make the perfect Instant Pot Enchiladas without your corn tortillas getting soggy!
You still get all of the flavors of your favorite Chicken Enchilada Casserole without gummy, chewy tortillas.
Do you still want the filling sensation that comes with eating tortillas? Toss in some cut up low carb tortillas before you broil the cheese to finish for an even more filling meal.
How Do You Keep Enchiladas Moist?
One of the reasons I love cooking meat in my pressure cooker is because it keeps it so tender and moist. You rarely need to worry about it being dried out or overcooked. With the combination of the chicken, enchilada sauce, chiles, and water tossed in to cook under pressure, you won't need to worry about your enchiladas being moist.
Looking For More Delicious And Easy To Make Casseroles?
- Check out my Taco Chile Relleno Casserole! It gives you the best of both tacos and Chile Relleno in one crazy simple recipe.
- Another fantastic casserole dish is my Unstuffed Dolma Casserole. It's a great way to make Dolmas without actually having to roll up each grape leaf individually.
- If you love tasty dishes that are totally easy to make, you'll love my Tamale Pie.
If you love how delicious and easy these Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas are to make, make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so they can try it too.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
- Throw everything except tortillas and cheese into a Instant Pot and cook for 15 minutes at High Pressure, and quickly release pressure.
- Remove chicken, shred, put back into pot.
- Gently mix in cut tortillas and pour into baking dish.
- Top with cheese and either bake or broil until cheese melts and is lightly browned and bubbly.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Originally Published April 11, 2017