I don’t know about you, but there are days where I just don’t feel like making an extravagant dishes. Long, busy days call for a quick and simple recipe, and this Pressure Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole is so perfect for a busy day. Put everything into the pressure cooker, and then broil the cheesy topping for a few minutes for all of the taste of Chicken Enchiladas with half the effort!
Chicken Enchilada Casserole | Pressure Cooker Recipe
I’m not sure what to call this dish. It’s not really traditional Mexican food, although it tastes like it. It’s not really American food. So I guess if in doubt, call something like this a Tex-Mex Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
This dish is so easy to make you might find yourself making it on a regular basis. But don’t mistake the this Chicken Enchilada Casserole as simple tasting just because it’s quick and easy to make. It’s bursting with big, Tex-Mex chicken enchilada flavor!
The Steps for Making this recipe are:
- Cook chicken, vegetables and sauce together in the pressure cooker for 10 mins HP, 10 mins NPR
- Remove and shred chicken, add back and place in casserole
- Spread cheese and broil
Looking for more delicious and easy to make casseroles? Check out my Taco Chile Relleno Casserole! It gives you the best of both tacos and chile relleno in one crazy simple recipe!
Another fantastic casserole dish is my Unstuffed Dolma Casserole. It’s a great way to make Dolmas without actually having to roll up each grape leaf individually.
Not really rolled up enchiladas done properly, but good in a pinch I think. One thing I will say, is don’t add the cheese in during cooking and if possible, don’t skip the final browning step. That melty, goeey, bubbling cheese is really what makes this casserole most inviting.
Variation to this Casserole could include homemade enchilda sauce, or substituting ground beef for the chicken. In that case, reduce cook times to 5 minutes.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- Throw everything except tortillas and cheese into a Instant Pot and cook for 15 minutes at High Pressure, and quickly release pressure.
- Remove chicken, shred, put back into pot.
- Gently mix in cut tortillas and pour into baking dish.
- Top with cheese and either bake or broil until cheese melts and is lightly browned and bubbly.