Low carb Taco Chile Relleno takes the best of both, Tacos and Chile Rellenos give you an easy, Chile Relleno Casserole. All the taste, none of the fuss!
Chile Relleno Casserole
So today I thought I'd make a Chile Relleno Casserole, except I needed more protein in it than normal. So I thought I'd put ground meat in it and then I decided to flavor it with taco seasoning. Those were all great choices and it turned out to be a recipe I will make on a regular basis!
Turned out savory and not spicy. I might add a little cayenne next time just for me, but for the rest of the world, this is probably just right and great for families with kids.
There's really not a lot to this, or any fancy spices in it to make it difficult to cook. You probably have anything you need to make this in your fridge and pantry right now. This is a rare recipe where I will use my oven to cook, but it just makes sense for this Chile Relleno Casserole recipe.
CHECK OUT MY MEXICAN CHICKEN GREEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE HERE!
Looking for more Mexican recipes? Whether you're trying to do low-carb, or just want a flavorful fajita recipe, you need to try this Roasted Vegetable Chicken Fajitas recipe! It's simple and delicious! Also, check out my Instant Pot Pinto Beans! They're quite possibly the best Mexican-style beans you've ever had.
- Brown the ground beef and add in the taco seasoning when the meat is no longer pink. Mix well.
- Spray an 8 x 8 glass pan and put the seasoned ground beef into it.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and flour until no lumps remain.
- Carefully fold in the green chiles and the cheese, using a spoon to stir it together.
- Pour the topping over the ground beef mixture and place in 350-degree oven for 20 minutes, or until the top is browned.