This Mexican Ground Beef Casserole With Rice And Beans is a super family-friendly meal that you're going to love! Make it quickly and easily in your Instant Pot.
What Makes This Mexican Ground Beef Casserole So Fantastic
This Instant Pot Mexican Ground Beef Casserole is easily one of my favorite Mexican ground beef recipes, and for good reason. It's a casserole recipe that's bursting with Mexican flavors but doesn't take a whole lot of effort on my part.
It's practically a pour and cook recipe, you just have to saute the beef and onions before you dump in the rest of the ingredients. And the one extra step is well worth the delicious outcome.
This is one of those easy casseroles that you'll find yourself wanting to make again and again. It's so very simple yet so very good.
And since I was able to keep myself from adding cayenne to the mix (what can I say, I like my food spicy), this is a completely family-friendly meal option.
Another thing that I like about this recipe is that, unlike most ground beef recipes, it doesn't use a ton of ground beef.
Using just half a pound of meat and adding red beans lets you reduce the meat without losing the heartiness, and using plant protein to round out your meal.
That means just as much protein without having to break the bank on meat.
Ingredients You'll Need
How To Make Mexican Ground Beef Casserole With Rice And Beans
- Select saute. When the pot is hot, add the ground beef and onions. Cook until the meat is no longer pink. Add some water and deglaze while allowing the water to evaporate.
- Add taco seasoning, salt, and rice.
- Add more water. Pour in the tomatoes, peppers, and kidney beans on top of the rice and meat mixture. Do not stir.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot then close the pressure-release valve. Select Pressure Cook and set the pot at HIGH pressure.
- Once the timer hits zero, let pot release pressure naturally for 10 minutes and then use a quick release to remove any remaining steam.
- Stir and serve.
Tips And Tricks For Making Mexican Ground Beef Casserole
- Customize it. You can garnish with cheese, cilantro, avocados, sour cream—whatever your taste buds and dietary considerations allow.
- Add an egg. This dish is perfect with a fried egg on two on top of the rice.
- Double up. If you double the recipe, use only 1.75 cups of water, otherwise, your rice will be quite mushy.
- Avoid the burn notice. Do not forget to deglaze the Instant Pot if you have any meat or onions stuck to the bottom. I often use an extra 1/4 cup of water to deglaze, and I allow it all to evaporate before adding the rest of the ingredients.
Other Tasty Mexican Recipes
Aside from this Mexican Ground Beef Casserole With Rice And Beans, here are some more good Mexican dishes you're sure to love:
- Pork Chile Verde - A delicious meld of ingredients for a quick, savory dinner.
- Poblano Chicken Soup - Absolutely bursting with flavor without being spicy.
- Flank Steak Fajitas - Super easy to make and oh-so-delicious!
- Air Fried Tomatillo Salsa - Plenty of heat and flavor to go with any meal.
- Air Fryer Chile Rellenos - The best, easiest, tastiest air fryer Chile Rellenos you’ve never had!
- Air Fryer Corn Eloté - Sweet, savory and delicious.
- Air Fryer Southwestern Roasted Corn - Perfectly sweet, tangy and spicy.
- Arroz Pina Colada - A simple, one step dessert recipe.
- Low Carb Stuffed Poblano Peppers - Delicious, low carb, and take under 30 minutes to make.
- Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa - Make this deliciously tender barbacoa recipe quickly in your Instant Pot.
- Instant Pot Tamale Pie - All of the taste of tamales but done in under an hour.
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos - Delicious shredded chicken tacos in just 30 minutes.
This Instant Pot Mexican Rice with Ground Beef is sure to be a hit with your family. Make sure to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest and Facebook so they can enjoy it as well!
- Select SAUTÉ/Normal on the Instant Pot. When the pot is hot, add the ground beef and onions and break up as much as you can. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Add ¼ cup of water and deglaze thoroughly, allowing the water to evaporate.
- Add taco seasoning, salt, and rice and mix thoroughly.
- Add 1 cup water. Scatter the tomatoes, peppers, and kidney beans on top of the rice and meat mixture. Do not stir.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK and set the pot at HIGH pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, let pot release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, use a quick release to depressurize.
- Stir and serve.
- You can garnish with cheese, cilantro, avocados, sour cream—whatever your taste buds and dietary considerations allow.
- This dish is perfect with a fried egg on two on top of the rice.
- If you double the recipe, use only 1.75 cups of water, otherwise, your rice will be quite mushy.
- Do not forget to deglaze the Instant Pot if you have any meat or onions stuck to the bottom. I often use an extra 1/4 cup of water to deglaze, and I allow it all to evaporate before adding the rest of the ingredients.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Originally Published January 27, 2020