Skip those boring side dishes on Mexican night, and make this Southwestern Roasted Corn instead. Quick Air Fryer Southwestern Roasted corn recipe is a slightly sweet from the corn, tangy from the cheese, and spicy with the jalapeños. Perfect combo if you ask me!
There’s not much better in life than some amazing vegetables with cheese. Southwestern Roasted Corn is an amazing recipe you can make right in your Air Fryer.
Okay, confession time. I was trying to get a lovely roasted corn in my air fryer. That didn’t work out so well. But once I tasted this, I found I didn’t really care about my original plans because this might have been better than what I’d been planning.
What really makes this dish, is the addition of fresh cheese and herbs at the end. If you hate cilantro, add parsley or whatever else you want. But that final burst of freshness and tang, with the cheese melting ever so slightly from the heat of the vegetables—mmm yum!
I also found that you’re better off using frozen corn. Not only is it faster than having to defrost the corn, it also allows the corn to cook slower than the other vegetables so they all get done at the same time.
Check out these other awesome vegetable side dish recipes!
And if you’re looking for more air fryer side dishes, check out my quick Nutty Bacon Swiss Chard Sauté with garlic, pine nuts, and raisins for a low carb keto side dish that dresses up any meal in less than 20 minutes.
Southwestern Roasted Corn
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS AIR FRYER SOUTHWESTERN ROASTED CORN:
- Gowise Air Fryer or Philips Avance XL or Breville Smart Oven Air
- AIr Fryer accessory set or 7-inch pan
- Tongs to move stuff around. I use either these big silicone tongs or this set of Smaller Tongs which are easier on my hands
- Measuring cups
- My favorite cutting board
- Good set of knives
? Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, onions, bell peppers, and jalapenos, and stir.
- Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon lemon juice and add all the spices. The lemon juice will help the dry spices stick to the vegetables.
- Pour the spiced vegetables into the air fryer basket.
- Set your airfryer to 400F for 10 minutes and stir halfway.
- Add queso fresco (or cotija, or feta cheese), chopped cilantro and the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and mix well before serving.
Don’t forget to check out my Air Fryer Cookbook!
Every one of the recipes in this book can be made in an hour or less, and many are on the table in as little as 30 minutes. You won’t find “cream of anything” cans in the ingredient list: instead, you’ll start with fresh ingredients–healthful meats and vegetables–and let the air fryer do the hard work. Unleash the full potential of your Air Fryer and eat healthfully every night.