I used a homemade rub to make an absolutely delicious Mexican Pulled Pork recipe in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Make pulled Pork tacos, or use it for burritos, casseroles, or whatever other creative uses you can think up!
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
First of all, is Mexican pulled pork even a thing? Well, it is now! This is so easy and delicious for pork tacos. It's nice to be able to make a batch of this Instant Pot pulled pork and have it handy for tacos, tamales, or even just for snacking with some avocados and sour cream for a low carb snack.
What Is The Best Cut Of Pork For Pulled Pork?
Because of the high fat and connective tissue content, I opted to use pork shoulder for this recipe. It's an inexpensive, flavorful cut of meat that made for one of my best pulled pork recipes.
How To Make Pulled Pork
Pulled pork in the Instant Pot is an excellent cooking method to take a cheaper, more tough piece of meat and make it absolutely tender and delicious! With only 25 minutes under High Pressure and a 10 minute natural pressure release.
This Mexican Pulled Pork recipe shreds so easily with a fork and has the best flavor. The meat does NOT taste boiled, because it isn't once you pressure cook. This is also SO much faster than cooking the old-fashioned way in your oven or slow-cooker.
What Goes Well With Pulled Pork
Something you should DEFINITELY make to pair with this dish is my Air Fried Tomatillo Salsa. It gives just the right amount of acidity to complement the dish perfectly.
So, whether you're looking for taco Tuesday recipes, a great family meal idea or a nice low carb snack, this Mexican Pulled Pork recipe is sure to leave you full and satisfied! Thanks to your Instant Pot, it's so easy to make that you might find yourself making this on a weekly basis!
Want More Pork Recipes?
- Pulled Pork- loaded with delicious Mexican flavor.
- Pork Carnitas- Make these in your Instant Pot.
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork- tacos seasoned with Indian spices.
- Smoked Mexican Pork Shoulder- lovely smoked flavors.
- Pressure Cooker Carne Adovada- a low carb delight.
- Schezuan Pork Soup- Sichuan cuisine made at home.
- Chile Verde- a quick and easy pork recipe.
- Instant Pot Pork Stew- a hearty low carb soup.
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Brown Sugar, or Splenda
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) Ancho Chile Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds (680.39 g) Boneless Pork Shoulder, cut into 5 large pieces
- 1/4 cup (62.5 g) Water
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, chile powder, and black pepper.
- Add the cut-up pork shoulder and massage the spice rub into it. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes
- Place the pork pieces into the inner liner of your Instant Pot.
- Add the ¼ cup of water.
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes and then let it sit undisturbed for 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure.
- Shred the pork pieces and push back under the cooking liquid until ready to serve.
- Serve with optional taco fixings, as desired.
Watch The Video
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Originally Published February 6, 2018