Make my Mexican Rice Recipe (or Arroz a la Mexicana) in your instant pot or pressure cooker in just one easy step!
Mexican Rice Recipe | Instant Pot Mexican Rice Recipe
I eat low carb for the most part but I do allow myself some rice quite frequently. I find that even a fourth of a cup satisfies my craving for it, and that keeps me from feeling deprived. Mexican rice is a tricky thing when you order it at a restaurant. Sometimes it’s fluffy and not sticky and just perfect. Other times, it’s an overly-orange sticky mess.
The first time I did this Mexican Rice Recipe I got it all wrong, and not only did it burn a bit, but it was a sticky mess. I think I believed adding the vegetables allowed me to reduce water in the rice, but this was not the case. So despite the vegetables, you add in this rice, treat it as you would any other rice dish, with your usual proportion of rice and water. I use basmati rice and the ideal proportion for me is 1 cup rice to 1.25 water, HP 6 mins, QPR.
You can beef up this Mexican Rice Recipe (chicken up this dish?) by making Arroz con Pollo instead, by adding in a pound of bite-sized chicken into it if you’d like.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS MEXICAN FOOD RECIPES? TRY MY PRESSURE COOKER CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE!
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
Make my Mexican Rice Recipe (or Arroz a la Mexicana) in your instant pot or pressure cooker in just one easy step! This will be the easiest, most authentic Spanish rice or Mexican Rice you've ever made.
- In a blender, blend together Onions, tomato, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeño.
- Meanwhile turn your Instant Pot to Sauté and when it's hot, add in 1 tbs of oil. Add the rice and sauté for 5 minutes. You want the rice to get translucent.
- Add in the blended vegetables and let them cook with the rice for 2-3 minutes, stirring well to incorporate.
- Pour in water, add cumin, and Goya Sazon. Seal the Instant Pot, set to Manual HP for 6 minutes, and release pressure quickly when done.
- Serve with a tomatillo salsa for a little piquant flavor
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.