Quick and easy low carb spicy pork stew recipe use pantry and freezer ingredients to make quick and hearty weeknight supper. Your pressure cooker will make quick work of this stew!
I could eat soups and stews every day of the week. When I’m low-carbing soups are just an easy way to eat a warm dinner without a lot of prep. Soups also allow me to fill up without going over on carbs and they help me not feel deprived of all things delicious.
Pork is an excellent protein choice for stew. It holds flavor well, and doesn’t turn to mush when cooked at high pressure, or for a long time in the slow cooker. If you want an excellent stew for the slow cooker, you need to try my Green Chile Pork Crockpot Stew.
If you like things to be quick in your pressure cooker, you should try my Pressure Cooker Pork Posole. Like this spicy Pork Stew, these recipes also have a kick! If you don’t like them spicy, you can always go easy on the chiles added to make the flavor a little milder.
WHAT TYPE OF MEAT TO USE FOR THIS INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER SPICY PORK STEW WITH SPINACH?
So when I made this stew, I wasn’t sure what I thought about it, because it is quite different from some of the other things I’ve made. I posted it in my Facebook group and asked for testers. We all concluded that this stew does best with a fattier rather than leaner cut of meat.
I tried this with stew meat–it was fine but the texture of the meat was okay, not great. Then I tried it with a fattier cut of pork shoulder–much better. So even if you don’t eat pork and use beef or chicken, I’d suggest a well-marbled piece of meat or one with some collagen in it to make this Spicy Pork Stew with spinach.
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER KETO SPICY PORK STEW WITH SPINACH:
- Instant Pot Mini Duo, or Instant pot 6 quarts, or Instant Pot 8 Quarts
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- My favorite Cutting Board
- Good set of Kitchen Knives
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4-6 cups chopped baby spinach
Blend together onion, garlic, and Ro-tel. If you don't have Ro-tel, use a 14 oz can of tomatoes and a 5 oz can of green chilis (poblano-style)
- Pour into the Instant Pot, add the Tony Chachere or other Cajun Seasoning mix.
- Add in the pork/beef cubes and stir well.
- Close the pot and seal. Cook on MEAT setting for 20 minutes. Allow it to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes and then release all remaining pressure.
- Turn the Instant Pot to Sauté. When the stew begins to boil, add the cream and stir well.
- Then add the spinach leaves and cook until wilted and serve
To make this with chicken, reduce cooking time to 10 minutes for thighs and 12-14 minutes for chicken breasts depending on thickness. Cut up the chicken after cooking.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.