This Keto Cream Cheese Frosting is going to absolutely blow your mind! Enjoy a low carb frosting that's so good, even your non-keto friends will love it!
Why You're Going To Want To Put This Keto Cream Cheese Frosting On Nearly Everything
- Low Carb. Only 5 carbs per serving.
- Vegetarian. Who needs meat when you can have frosting?
- Fast. Ready to eat in 10 minutes.
- Easy. Just pour all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Delicious. Just like your favorite sugary frosting, but without all of the guilt.
If you live a keto or low carb lifestyle, quite possibly the hardest thing to give up is sugary sweets. And once you do give them up, you find yourself thinking about them more than you care to admit. But just because your eating low carb doesn't mean that you have to give up on desserts altogether.
Keto sweets can be every bit as good as their sugary counterparts, and this Keto Cream Cheese Frosting is a perfect example of that.
I don't know about you, but I absolutely LOVE cream cheese frosting. I mean, I could literally eat it straight out of the tub with a spoon, but as you can guess, that would be absolutely terrible for one's health (not that I wouldn't be tempted to do that anyway).
And that's exactly why I came up with the best Cream Cheese frosting recipe. It gives you all the luscious, creamy sweetness you'd expect from a decadent cream cheese frosting without all the sugar.
Not only is it low carb and delicious, but it's very easy to make as well! It only takes 5 ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand, and it takes almost no time to whip together. Simple, sweet and low carb. Who could possibly ask for more?
Need some tips on frosting a cake? Check out my Gluten-Free Carrot Cake made using this cream cheese frosting!
Is Cream Cheese OK For Keto?
Cream cheese is completely keto-friendly and is a common ingredient in a lot of keto recipes. Cream cheese is very low carb and high in fat, which makes it perfect for a keto diet. It's also loaded with calcium and is a great source of protein, so you're free to enjoy this Keto Cream Cheese Frosting without fear of it knocking you out of ketosis!
What Is A Keto Substitute For Powdered Sugar
This is an easy replacement. Instead of using traditional powdered sugar, use Powdered Swerve. It has all of the powdered sugar flavor and functionality without all of the carbs.
How To Make Low Carb Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter, cream cheese, and cream with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally, until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in vanilla, then stir in powdered . Add more as needed until frosting is a thick, spreadable consistency.
NOTE: Make sure that you are using and not the granular kind in this recipe for cream cheese frosting. Otherwise, the frosting will turn out really gritty.
Looking For Flavors Other Than Plain Vanilla? Check These Variations Out!
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting: Reduce cream cheese to 4 ounces and add 1/4 cup peanut butter.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting: Add 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa and increase heavy cream to 1/4 cup, adding a little at a time until the frosting reaches a spreadable consistency.
Amaretto Icing: Omit Vanilla extract, add 2-3 Tablespoons of Amaretto, or add 1 teaspoon of Almond Extract.
Lemon Icing: Add 1 teaspoon lemon extract and 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest.
Coffee Icing: Add 1 tablespoon of Instant Espresso.
And that's just the tip of the Keto Cream Cheese Frosting iceberg! Feel free to experiment with different ingredients to come up with your own variations. Make sure to let me know what worked for you in the comments!
Other Low Carb Frosting Recipes You'll Love
- Keto Maple Pecan Frosting
- Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
- Two Ingredient Sugar Free Icing
- Keto Chocolate Ganache
Have Any Low Carb Desserts I Can Use This Cream Cheese Frosting On?
Of course! Here are just a few recipes I highly recommend putting this low carb cream cheese on:
- This Gluten Free Carrot Cake is going to absolutely blow your mind! It's so good you'll swear it's just straight-up carrot cake! And it's keto as well!
- This Cream Cheese Pound Cake is deceptively low carb, keto friendly, and oh so delicious! Pound cake so good your non-Keto friends will never know the difference!
- This Keto Chocolate Cake is delightfully moist, chocolatey, and surprisingly low carb!
- If you've never incorporated cardamom in your baking before, you have got to try this low carb, gluten-free Cardamom Cupcakes Recipe!
- Looking for more great frosting recipes? My Keto Chocolate Frosting Recipe is as delicious as it is easy to make!
So the next time you make yourself a delicious cake or cookies, make some of this Keto Cream Cheese Frosting as well! Don't forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest and Facebook so they can enjoy it as well!
- Hand Mixer