I'm re-making the doner kebab or gyro meat since my older son is home for Mother's day (yay!). I wanted to make a simple vegetable side dish that would complement the flavors of the doner, and this delicious Shwarma Green Beans recipe is what I came up with!
Shwarma Green Beans | A Quick & Simple Side Dish
I made up a shwarma-like spice mix, covered the green beans with a little oil and a little of the spice, and roasted tthe green beans in a pan in the oven. These Shwarma Green Beans Turned out tender, crisp and flavorful with minimal effort!
To be efficient, I cooked the beans along with these Brussels Sprouts with Onions and Bacon so that my oven was used for two dishes at a time. Saves me a little time and headache.
And if you'd like the whole experience you can make my Doner Kabab Gyro Meat recipe! I mean, I made the Shwarma Green Beans specifically to go with the gyro meat, so you might as well, right?
And since these Shwarma Green Beans are so easy to make you can make them as a quick side dish for most any meal. Not to mention they're low carb, gluten free and vegan, so you can make it as a side for when friends or family come over and most everyone will be able to eat them no matter what diet they're on! Simple, delicious and healthy. Who could ask for more?
- 12 ounces (340.2 g) green beans
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) Ground Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Kosher Salt
- Mix all the spices together in a small bowl.
- Put the beans into a quart ziplock bag (a lazy person's way to reduce the number of dishes to wash) or put into a bowl.
- Pour on the oil and the spices and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the beans in a single layer onto a foil-covered sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!