This Broccoli Frittata with Ham and Peppers makes a fabulous breakfast, brunch, or a light one pot meal. Plus it's low carb, keto, and Instant Pot! The pressure cooker makes really light and fluffy eggs that are an absolute delight.
Broccoli Frittata with Ham and Peppers | Instant Pot Frittata
I love making eggs in the Instant Pot. I think it's something about the water bath that just makes them cook up smooth and velvety. I have one other frittata recipe that is a reader favorite, and that's my Keto Poblano Frittata recipe. But a woman cannot live on Poblanos alone. I need variety.
I have an old Broccoli, Ham, and Pepper bake that I made in the oven, but I wanted to try it for the Instant Pot, and of course, since I can't follow (even my own) recipes, I just sort of looked at it, and then made whatever I felt like. So the proportions for this are different, but they both work.
But I want you to look at the beautiful texture you get from cooking eggs in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
One of the things I did this time that I don't normally fuss with was to layer the veggies and the ham. I do think it made for a much prettier presentation for this Instant Pot Frittata and really it didn't take that any more time at all. I just had to add one ingredient at a time and that's all it took to make these layers.
How to Make This Instant Pot Frittata
Liberally butter the bottom of the pan with butter.
Add a layer of parchment paper.
Layer Peppers to taste.
Sprinkle cheese to your liking.
Now comes the layer of cubed ham.
Yep. More cheese. It's the best part.
A layer of broccoli to add more veggies.
Whisk eggs, salt and pepper.
Pour eggs over layered ingredients inside of nonstick pan.
Cover pan with foil and place on top of trivet inside of your Instant Pot.
Once finished cooking, use a knife to separate the frittata from the edge of the pan.
Plate the frittata and enjoy!
Other Recipes To Consider
- If you enjoyed this frittata recipe, you may enjoy my Air Fried Herb and Cheese Frittata as well! It's super delicious and comes together so easily!
- Another great Instant Pot breakfast recipe option is my Smooth Cardamom Yogurt! It's a great grab-and-go option that's not loaded with sugar like most other yogurts!
- This recipe also makes a great dish for a Mother's Day brunch! Check out my Keto Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes post for more great ideas!
- If you're a big fan of broccoli, check out my Air Fryer Sesame Ginger Broccoli recipe! Sesame oil, miso, and chili garlic sauce will make this broccoli the best that you have ever eaten!
- A great side for this dish is my Cheese Grits recipe! These savory morsels of deliciousness are sure to become part of your regular breakfast after you've tried them.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with this keto breakfast favorite Keto Silver Dollar Pancakes.
How To Serve This Instant Pot Broccoli Frittata with Ham and Peppers
Now I want to tell you something interesting. I had intended to serve this Instant Pot Frittata colorful pepper side up. But when I poured in the eggs with cheese, the cheese settled on the top. By this time it was too late to fix anything. But if I were trying it again, I might try sprinkling half the cheese on top of the ham and the other half on top of the broccoli.
If you're curious about the technique used in this recipe, watch the video in this post so you can see how Pot in Pot cooking works.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
- Grease a silicone brush to get oil or butter into every crevice of my pan.
- Arrange the sliced sweet peppers in the bottom of the pan
- Place the cubed ham on top of it.
- Cover with the frozen broccoli. Before you ask me, yes this will work with fresh broccoli as well, I used frozen because that’s what I had.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper.
- Stir In shredded cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of your vegetables and ham and cover with foil or a silicone lid.
- In the inner liner of your instant pot or Pressure cooker, place 2 cups of water.
- Place a steamer rack on top of this.
- Place the covered pan on the steamer rack.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Allow it to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, and then release all remaining pressure.
- Let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Using a knife, gently loosen the sides of your wondrous creation. Place a plate on top of the pan, and thump out the frittata onto the plate. If you want the pepper and ham side up, you’re done. If you want the cheese side up, flip it on a plate once more.
- You can broil for 3-4 minutes to get the cheese to melt or serve as is.
Watch The Video
- Fresh broccoli for frozen
- Other veggies instead of broccoli and pepper but do not use tomatoes and possibly mushrooms as they will release too much water.
- Dairy-free milks
- Individual servings in jars or ramekins, cook 4-5 minutes.
- Yes, this reheats very well. No, I would not freeze it.
- If you don't eat ham, use some other cooked meat. Raw meats will release too much water. Chicken sausage, roast beef chunks, smoked sausage etc. are all good subs.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Want More Instant Pot Recipes?
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken is an easy 30-minute dinner and you can make rice on top of it, as the video shows.
- Pressure Cooker Rice and Dal is a great vegetarian rice dinner.
- This Lebanese Lentil and Rice dish is another great Vegetarian Instant Pot recipe.
- Instant Pot Indian Khichadi is comfort food in a bowl!
- Instant Pot Risotto with Shrimp is another one-pot comfort meal.
- Buffalo chicken casserole for the days you want low carb recipes
- You might also like low carb Chicken Biryani that uses riced cauliflower.
- Chicken and Mushrooms are a great combo.
- My kids love Instant Pot Pork Chops with Rice and Vegetables
- Zucchini Lasagna- You won't even miss the pasta.
- Haluski Recipe - A wonderful cabbage and noodles recipe.