Air Fryer Keto Chinese-style spareribs use black bean sauce, and a few other classic Chinese ingredients to give you finger-licking ribs that are just perfectly tender and chewy at the same time. Once they’re marinated, they cook in under 10 minutes in your air fryer or convection oven.
So I was making these braised Chinese spareribs where I was basically throwing things together in a pot and lo and behold! They actually turned out to be quite tasty. I had set aside half the ribs to make them a little crispy and crunchy in an air fryer.
The marinade for the Instant Pot ribs smelled SO good, that I decided I’d use a similar thing for the air fryer ribs.
I had to mess with the proportions to get a rich, thick sauce that would coat these ribs a bit more. But it was a simple, fast marinade, and at the end of a ten-minute cook time, I had these Chinese-style spareribs. All in all it’s definitely a recipe I would make again and again, and my family agrees!
I call them Chinese-style because the flavor profile and the ingredients are very typical of some areas of China. Either way, I hope you’ll call them delicious! If you try them, let me know in the comments what you thought about them – I love getting feedback!
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THESE AIR FRYER CHINESE-STYLE SPARERIBS:
- Gowise Air Fryer or Breville Smart Oven Air
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- My favorite Cutting Board
- Good set of Kitchen Knives
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients for the marinade.
- Add the spare ribs and mix well. Allow the ribs to marinade for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- When you're ready to cook the ribs, remove the ribs from the marinade and place into the air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer at 375F for 8 minutes.
- Check to ensure the ribs have an internal temperature of 165F before serving.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.