Air Fryer Keto Chinese-style spareribs use black bean sauce, and a few other classic Chinese ingredients to give you finger-licking ribs that are just perfectly tender and chewy at the same time. Once they’re marinated, they cook in under 10 minutes in your air fryer or convection oven.
So I was making these braised Chinese spareribs where I was basically throwing things together in a pot and lo and behold! They actually turned out to be quite tasty. I had set aside half the ribs to make them a little crispy and crunchy in an air fryer.
The marinade for the Instant Pot ribs smelled SO good, that I decided I’d use a similar thing for the air fryer ribs.
I had to mess with the proportions to get a rich, thick sauce that would coat these ribs a bit more. But it was a simple, fast marinade, and at the end of a ten-minute cook time, I had these Chinese-style spareribs. All in all it’s definitely a recipe I would make again and again, and my family agrees!
I call them Chinese-style because the flavor profile and the ingredients are very typical of some areas of China. Either way, I hope you’ll call them delicious! If you try them, let me know in the comments what you thought about them – I love getting feedback!
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THESE AIR FRYER CHINESE-STYLE SPARERIBS:
- GoWISE USA 5.5 Liter 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer - Walmart.com" data-id="12513" class="eafl-link eafl-link-direct" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Gowise Air Fryer or Breville Smart Oven Air
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- My favorite Cutting Board
- Good set of Kitchen Knives
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients for the marinade.
- Add the spare ribs and mix well. Allow the ribs to marinade for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- When you're ready to cook the ribs, remove the ribs from the marinade and place into the air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer at 375F for 8 minutes.
- Check to ensure the ribs have an internal temperature of 165F before serving.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.
Don’t forget to check out my Air Fryer Cookbook!
Every one of the recipes in this book can be made in an hour or less, and many are on the table in as little as 30 minutes. You won’t find “cream of anything” cans in the ingredient list: instead, you’ll start with fresh ingredients–healthful meats and vegetables–and let the air fryer do the hard work. Unleash the full potential of your Air Fryer and eat healthfully every night.