Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker Keto Chinese Braised spareribs are meaty little ribs with a great, rich, deep flavor. These are ribs braised in a deep, dark flavorful black bean sauce that coats the ribs with umami goodness. Super easy dump and cook recipes for your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
You know those steamed Chinese dim sum spare ribs in black bean sauce? Yeah, these aren’t those. Those are steamed spareribs, these are braised spareribs.
To make Chinese braised spareribs, I used the very same ingredients that you would use for steamed ribs–except I cooked the ribs directly in the liquid rather than steaming them. So the ribs were coated with the sauce.
These do NOT taste like the steamed ribs so please don’t expect that. There’s a similar dish of braised spareribs made in a clay pot (Thank you, Frances, for educating me on this!)
But let’s be honest, I basically threw things in that I thought would taste good–and they did. So I do hope you try them.
By the way, if you want to make braised spareribs in a different style, try the Korean-Style galbijjim recipe here.
And if you’re looking for more delicious rib recipes, you have got to try my Keto Air Fryer Chinese-Style Spareribs!
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER CHINESE BRAISED SPARERIBS:
- Instant Pot Mini Duo, or Instant pot 6 quarts, or Instant Pot 8 Quarts
- Measuring Cups
- My favorite Cutting Board
- Good set of Kitchen Knives
? Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
For Pressure Cooking
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Oil
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) Water
- 1.5 pounds (680.39 g) pork spareribs, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon (1 tablespoon) Sesame Oil, Optional
- 1/4 cup (25 g) Green Onions
- Turn your Instant Pot on Sauté and when it is hot, add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add minced garlic and ginger and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add black bean sauce, wine, soy sauce, agave nectar or honey, and water, and mix well. Pour in the spareribs and stir to coat them with the sauce.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Once it is finished cooking, let the pot sit undisturbed for 10 minutes and then release all remaining pressure.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the ribs and some of the intact black beans from the pot to a serving tray.
- Mix in the sesame oil if using, sprinkle with green onions, and serve.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
WATCH THE VIDEO FOR HOW TO MAKE THESE EASY INSTANT POT CHINESE BRAISED SPARERIBS
Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker Keto Chinese Braised spareribs are meaty little ribs with a great, rich, deep flavor. These are ribs braised in a deep, dark flavorful black bean sauce that coats the ribs with umami goodness. Super easy dump and cook recipes for your Instant Pot or pressure cooker….
Don’t forget to check out my Instant Pot Fast & Easy Cookbook!
This book is full of all kinds of boldly flavored and internationally-themed recipes—Mexican, Thai, Moroccan, and more—with Instant Pot Fast & Easy, fully authorized by Instant Pot. Just like you have come to expect, my recipes will work perfectly every time, and of course taste great too. And because these are Instant Pot recipes, dishes like Japanese Chicken Curry, Chinese Steamed Ribs, and Mexican Pulled Pork are ready in a fraction of the time they would take using traditional cooking methods. As with all of my recipes, the focus is on whole foods instead of artificial convenience ingredients, so the recipes are delicious, easy, and healthful too.