Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker Keto Chinese Braised spareribs are meaty little ribs with a great, rich, deep flavor. These are ribs braised in a deep, dark flavorful black bean sauce that coats the ribs with umami goodness. Super easy dump and cook recipes for your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
You know those steamed Chinese dim sum spare ribs in black bean sauce? Yeah, these aren't those. Those are steamed spareribs, these are braised spareribs.
To make Chinese braised spareribs, I used the very same ingredients that you would use for steamed ribs--except I cooked the ribs directly in the liquid rather than steaming them. So the ribs were coated with the sauce.
These do NOT taste like the steamed ribs so please don't expect that. There's a similar dish of braised spareribs made in a clay pot.
But let's be honest, I basically threw things in that I thought would taste good--and they did. So I do hope you try them.
By the way, if you want to make braised spareribs in a different style, try the Korean-Style galbijjim recipe here.
And if you're looking for more delicious rib recipes, you have got to try my Keto Air Fryer Chinese-Style Spareribs or my Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs!
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER CHINESE BRAISED SPARERIBS:
- Instant Pot Mini Duo, or Instant pot 6 quarts, or Instant Pot 8 Quarts
- Measuring Cups
- My favorite Cutting Board
- Good set of Kitchen Knives
Want More Keto Recipes?
- Keto Big Mac Salad- A favorite for the whole family because of my copycat sauce recipe taste just like the real thing!
- Low Carb Beef Stroganoff- Comfort food and Keto? Yes, it's true!
- Low Carb Beef Shawarma- An easy weeknight dinner option you'll want to make again and again!
- Ethiopian Beef Stew- You won't believe how much flavor is packed into such a simple dish.
- Beef Rendang- Fall apart tender meat in less than an hour!
- Kheema Meatloaf- The perfect solution for the days you're craving Indian food but are short on ingredients.
- Kimchi Beef Stew- An easy pour and cook recipe full of umami flavors.
- Bulgogi Burgers- Put your air fryer to work with this fun twist on burgers!
- Corned Beef and Cabbage- A classic done in a fraction of the time.
- Indian Beef Curry- Done in less than an hour and so good you'll wonder why you haven't made it before!
For Pressure Cooking
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Oil
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Minced Ginger
- 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Shaoxing Wine
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Agave nectar
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) Water
- 1.5 pounds (680.39 g) pork spareribs, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon (1 tablespoon) Sesame Oil, Optional
- 1/4 cup (25 g) Chopped Green Scallions
- Turn your Instant Pot on Sauté and when it is hot, add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add minced garlic and ginger and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add black bean sauce, wine, soy sauce, agave nectar or honey, and water, and mix well. Pour in the spareribs and stir to coat them with the sauce.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Once it is finished cooking, let the pot sit undisturbed for 10 minutes and then release all remaining pressure.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the ribs and some of the intact black beans from the pot to a serving tray.
- Mix in the sesame oil if using, sprinkle with green onions, and serve.
Watch The Video
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
WATCH THE VIDEO FOR HOW TO MAKE THESE EASY INSTANT POT CHINESE BRAISED SPARERIBS
Don't forget to check out my other Best-selling Instant Pot Cookbooks!
Indian Instant Pot, Keto Instant Pot, Instant Pot Fast and Easy, Healthy Instant Pot & Vegetarian Instant Pot.
I'm not a good cook by any means and made this recipe following into the letter...it was epic!! My father took a bite and "mmm'd" before he had time to chew. My Asian Indian mother said she felt like she was back home in a Chinese restaurant in Malaysia. Used the left over liquid from the pot as gravy to top the rice. Epic doesn't begin to describe. Thank you for this recipe.
Is there enough liquid to avoid a burn notice
Yes there is. All the recipes on the blog are well tested before they are posted.
Great recipe. Do you taro would hold up to the cooking if it were added with the pork?
This was every bit as easy as shown on the video and absolutely delicious! Thanks for the recipe!
I know Amazon says the black bean garlic paste is gluten free, but that brand is not. Have you found the holy grail of gf black bean paste???? I’d really like to not make it from scratch.
You know honestly I haven’t looked for one since gluten in small quantities isn’t an issue for me. But it is for many people including several in my Facebook group. If you asked there someone might be able to suggest a brand. Those folks are super knowledgeable
If I use 3.5lb of ribs, should I double all of the other ingredients? Thanks!
Yes absolutely do
Is step 6 completing a sauce that will be then poured or brushed on the ribs?
Not really. I took them out of the sauce to serve them
This looks deli ious I will definitely be trying them.