Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Low carb Kimchi Beef stew is an easy Korean-style dump and cook keto low carb recipe that’s full of spicy, umami flavor. Guaranteed to perk up your taste buds, and taste like you slaved for hours to get this complex taste.
I love kimchi based soups. I had two different types of prepared cabbage kimchi in the fridge, and it was time to use them up.
I call this Korean-style because I’ve actually not had anything quite this way, but really, it’s very close to Kimchi Jiggae which I love.
Ideally, you’d make this soup with Kimchi that is several weeks old, so that it is sour and almost a little over-fermented.
PRESSURE COOKER LOW CARB KIMCHI BEEF STEW
- 2 cups Kimchi
- 1 pound beef cubes cut into 2 inch pieces (preferably a fatty cut)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup dried shiitake mushrooms or other dried mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp gochugaru Korean chili powder or 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (depending on how hot your kimchi is, and what your taste buds can take)
- 1 Tbsp gochujang
- 1/4 teaspoon Splenda or 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste depending on your kimchi and soy sauce
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 1 cup Diced firm tofu optional
I'd love to complicate this recipe for you but really, I just don't even know how. Dump everything in.
Set it for 15 mins at high pressure, 5 minutes NPR.
- Add green onions and diced tofu if using.
- Taste and add salt or more gochugaru if needed.