Savory Dae Ji Bulgogi Korean Spicy Pork cooks up flavorful and tender from your Instant Pot or Pressure cooker for a great low carb keto spicy pork dinner. Wrap up the meat in lettuce leaves and enjoy the crunchy, spicy goodness.
It's probably heresy to make Dae Ji Bulgogi in a pressure cooker. In fact, when you think that Bulgogi means Fire Meat or Grilled meat, you have to wonder what I am up to with this heretical dish.
Let me just say--try it before you knock it.
I love grilled meat as much as the next girl. But there is something about making this meat in the pressure cooker first, and then caramelizing it, that makes for the most tender little morsels of umami goodness you have ever had.
Pressure cooking makes the meat tender, it makes the dish almost entirely hands-off, and it infuses beautiful flavor well into the meat in a way that grilling doesn't--and you can do this in the dead of winter without stepping outside.
What's not to love?
DO I REALLY NEED TO FOLLOW THE FINISHING STEPS AND DIRTY ONE MORE PAN TO MAKE THIS DAE JI BULGOGI??
Listen, if I tell you to do something that is a) extra work and b) extra dishwashing, you have to know there's a good reason for it.
You must know by now how lazy/efficient I am, but also that I test everything I post.
Now I will tell you, while you could eat this straight out of the pressure cooker--this dish is ENTIRELY elevated in those 8 minutes you're going to spend pan-searing and caramelizing it. it is out of this world good when you just go that extra step.
I should know. I tried (lots of) it both ways.
Looking for more Korean recipes? In under 30 minutes, have delicious Pressure Cooker Keto Bo-Ssäm Pork & Noodles that the whole family will enjoy!
My Beef Bulgogi recipe uses such basic ingredients yet comes out tasting so very good. Make this dish quickly and with minimal effort in your air fryer.
Also, check out my Air Fryer Korean Tacos. These tacos are crazy easy to make, and you're going to love the flavors!
Another great pork recipe is my Hungarian Goulash! If all you've ever had is the American version of Hungarian Goulash, this authentic Porkolt recipe is going to change your mind forever about Goulash!
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER KETO DAE JI BULGOGI:
- Instant Pot Mini Duo or Instant Pot 6 quart or Instant Pot 8 Quart
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board (my fav one)
- Good set of Kitchen knives
- 10 inch cast iron pan
? Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
For Marinating and Cooking
- 1 lb (453.59 g) Boneless Pork Shoulder, cut into short 1/4-1/2 inch slices
- 1 (1 ) Onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Minced Ginger
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) rice wine
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Sesame Oil
- 2 packets (2 packets) Splenda
- 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) gochujang
- 1/4-1 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) Gochugaru
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) Water
- In the inner liner of your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker, mix up all the marinating and cooking ingredients. Allow this to sit for at least an hour if possible, and up to 24 hours if you need to.
- Cook at high pressure for 20 minutes and let it release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. When 10 minutes are up, release all remaining pressure.
- When you open the pot, you will see the well-cooked meat and some very yummy-looking sauce.
- Heat up a wide cast iron pan or some other pan that will get very hot.
- To this hot pan, add the pork cubes, and the thinly sliced onion.
- Let this get hot and then pour in 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the sauce. If you have the heat up high enough this sauce will start to sizzle and caramelize quickly. Mix well with the pork.
- You’re trying to get this sauce to evaporate, leaving behind it’s tasty goodness onto the meat.
- Once the sauce has evaporated and the onions have softened, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, and serve.
- You can use the rest of the sauce from your pressure cooker to serve on the side.
- If you do not eat pork, use beef sirloin or chicken thighs. For chicken, leave the thighs whole, cook for 10 minutes under pressure and then cut up later.
- There is no substitute for gochujang in this recipe. if you buy it, however, I have several gochujang recipes that use this tasty goodness. It keeps well for months in the refrigerator.
- If you are GF, use this brand of GF gojuchang, as some varieties do contain wheat.
- You can sub 1 tablespoon of agave nectar or honey for the Splenda
- Serving suggestions: wrap in lettuce leaves for low carb, or serve over rice.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Don't forget to check out my Instant Pot Fast & Easy Cookbook!
This book is full of all kinds of boldly flavored and internationally-themed recipes—Mexican, Thai, Moroccan, and more—with Instant Pot Fast & Easy, fully authorized by Instant Pot. Just like you have come to expect, my recipes will work perfectly every time, and of course taste great too. And because these are Instant Pot recipes, dishes like Japanese Chicken Curry, Chinese Steamed Ribs, and Mexican Pulled Pork are ready in a fraction of the time they would take using traditional cooking methods. As with all of my recipes, the focus is on whole foods instead of artificial convenience ingredients, so the recipes are delicious, easy, and healthful too.