Savory Dae Ji Bulgogi Korean Spicy Pork cooks up flavorful and tender from your Instant Pot or Pressure cooker for a great low carb keto spicy pork dinner. Wrap up the meat in lettuce leaves and enjoy the crunchy, spicy goodness.
It’s probably heresy to make Dae Ji Bulgogi in a pressure cooker. In fact, when you think that Bulgogi means Fire Meat or Grilled meat, you have to wonder what I am up to with this heretical dish.
Let me just say–try it before you knock it.
I love grilled meat as much as the next girl. But there is something about making this meat in the pressure cooker first, and then caramelizing it, that makes for the most tender little morsels of umami goodness you have ever had.
Pressure cooking makes the meat tender, it makes the dish almost entirely hands-off, and it infuses beautiful flavor well into the meat in a way that grilling doesn’t–and you can do this in the dead of winter without stepping outside.
What’s not to love?
DO I REALLY NEED TO FOLLOW THE FINISHING STEPS AND DIRTY ONE MORE PAN TO MAKE THIS DAE JI BULGOGI??
Listen, if I tell you to do something that is a) extra work and b) extra dishwashing, you have to know there’s a good reason for it.
You must know by now how lazy/efficient I am, but also that I test everything I post.
Now I will tell you, while you could eat this straight out of the pressure cooker–this dish is ENTIRELY elevated in those 8 minutes you’re going to spend pan-searing and caramelizing it. it is out of this world good when you just go that extra step.
I should know. I tried (lots of) it both ways.
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER KETO DAE JI BULGOGI:
- Instant Pot Mini Duo or Instant Pot 6 quart or Instant Pot 8 Quart
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board (my fav one)
- Good set of Kitchen knives
- 10 inch cast iron pan
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
Pressure Cooker Dae Ji bulgogi Korean Spicy Pork
Savory dae ji bulgogi cooks up flavorful and tender from your Instant Pot or Pressure cooker for a great low carb keto spicy pork dinner. Wrap up the meat in lettuce leaves and enjoy the crunchy, spicy goodness.
For Marinating and Cooking
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
In the inner liner of your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker, mix up all the marinating and cooking ingredients. Allow this to sit for at least an hour if possible, and up to 24 hours if you need to.
Cook at high pressure for 20 minutes and let it release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. When 10 minutes are up, release all remaining pressure.
- When you open the pot, you will see the well-cooked meat and some very yummy-looking sauce.
- Heat up a wide cast iron pan or some other pan that will get very hot.
- To this hot pan, add the pork cubes, and the thinly sliced onion.
- Let this get hot and then pour in 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the sauce. If you have the heat up high enough this sauce will start to sizzle and caramelize quickly. Mix well with the pork.
- You’re trying to get this sauce to evaporate, leaving behind it’s tasty goodness onto the meat.
- Once the sauce has evaporated and the onions have softened, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, and serve.
- You can use the rest of the sauce from your pressure cooker to serve on the side.
- If you do not eat pork, use beef sirloin or chicken thighs. For chicken, leave the thighs whole, cook for 10 minutes under pressure and then cut up later.
- There is no substitute for gochujang in this recipe. if you buy it, however, I have several gochujang recipes that use this tasty goodness. It keeps well for months in the refrigerator.
- If you are GF, use this brand of GF gojuchang, as some varieties do contain wheat.
- You can sub 1 tablespoon of agave nectar or honey for the Splenda
- Serving suggestions: wrap in lettuce leaves for low carb, or serve over rice.