I love putting a fresh spin on traditional recipes, and I'm so glad I made these Air Fryer Bulgogi Burgers. They're absolutely amazing and a great alternative to Keto fast food. Doing them in the air fryer meant I didn't have to babysit them, and yet they turned out moist, flavorful, and delicious.
Why Make A Bulgogi Burger?
- Fast. Make these delicious air fryer burgers in under 30 minutes.
- Easy. Prepare the patties and the gochujang mayo. Air fry the burger patties until they reach a safe temperature and serve.
- Low Carb. Only 7 carbs per serving without the bun.
- Unique. Amazing Korean flavors in one of your favorite American comfort foods.
There are so many reasons why this is a good idea. I mean. Bulgogi and burgers. Do you really need another reason why this is a good idea?
These Bulgogi Burgers are some of the best I've ever eaten. Now I will say, you definitely want to make the awesome Gochujang Mayonnaise to go with them. For low carb/keto, you'll want to wrap this in with lettuce leaves and enjoy it that way. If you aren't eating low carb, have them on a soft bun and enjoy.
What Is Bulgogi?
Bulgogi is typically Korean Barbecue made from pork. It's generally cooked for a long time, and has rich flavors from Gochujang (Korean red pepper paste), and is a traditional dish that many people are familiar with.
How To Make A Bulgogi Burger
Even though this recipe sounds complicated, these air fryer burgers are incredibly simple to make. Here are a few simple steps to get them on your table in no time at all.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients and allow the mixture to rest for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in a refrigerator.
- Divide the meat into four portions and form round patties.
- Place the patties in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 10 minutes.
- Make the Gochujang Mayonnaise
- Using a meat thermometer, ensure that the meat has reached an internal temperature of 160F.
- Serve the patties with hamburger buns or a lettuce leaf and the gochujang mayonnaise.
Tips And Tricks For This Air Fryer Burger Recipe
- If you're eating low carb, wrap the patties in a lettuce leaf to keep them low carb.
- Prepare your Gochujang Mayo while your meat is resting.
- Always use a meat thermometer to test the internal temperature for safety.
- Load them up with keto-friendly veggies for a well-rounded meal.
Want More Easy Air Fryer Recipes?
- Quickly peel your zucchini. Leaving some (or all) of the skin is also fine.
- Cut your zucchini into 1/8 to 1/4 inch medallions.
- Quickly dip your medallions into the egg wash.
- Dredge your zucchini slices into the flour mixture.
- Place in a springform pan, or any other pan that fits comfortably in your air fryer
- Spray liberally with a glass oil sprayer or aerosol oil spray
- Cook at 350F for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking cycle.
- Salt liberally while fresh out of the air fryer
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
If you love this air fryer Bulgogi Burger recipe as much as I do, make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so they can try it too.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
For the Bulgogi Burgers:
- 1 pound (453.59 g) Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoon (2 tablespoon) gochujang
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon (2 teaspoon) Minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoon (2 teaspoon) Minced Ginger
- 2 teaspoon (2 teaspoon) Sugar Or Other Sweetener Equivalent
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup (25 g) Chopped Green Scallions
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) Kosher Salt
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, gochujang, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sugar, sesame oil, chopped onions and salt and allow the mixture to rest for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in a refrigerator.
- Divide the meat into four portions and form round patties, with a slight depression in the middle to prevent the burgers from puffing out into a dome-shape while cooking.
- Set your air fryer to 360F for 10 minutes and place the patties in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Make the Gochujang Mayonnaise: While the patties cook, mix together the mayonnaise, gochujang, sesame oil, sesame seeds and scallions.
- Using a meat thermometer, ensure that the meat has reached an internal temperature of 160F and remove to a serving tray.
- Serve the patties with hamburger buns and the gochujang mayonnaise.
- Nutritional Info does not include buns
- I suspect the final recipe has less fat since the air fryer renders fat into the basket. Either way, these are keto/lowcarb so enjoy!