I love putting a fresh spin on traditional recipes, and I’m so glad I made these Air Fryer Bulgogi Burgers. They’re absolutely amazing. Doing them in the air fryer meant I didn’t have to babysit them, and yet they turned out moist, flavorful, and delicious.
What is Bulgogi?
Bulgogi is typically Korean Barbecue made from pork. It’s generally cooked for a long time, and has rich flavors from Gochujang (Korean red pepper paste) and is a traditional dish that many people are familiar with. Recently I did a did a Dae Ji Bulgogi recipe for the Air Fryer, or you can make it in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker HERE.
Why Bulgogi Burgers?
There are so many reasons why this is a good idea. I mean. Bulgogi. and Burgers. Do you really need another reason why this is a good idea??
These Bulgogi Burgers are actually some of the best burgers I’ve ever eaten. Now I will say, you definitely want the this awesome Gochujang Mayonnaise. For low carb/keto, you’ll want to wrap this in with lettuce leaves and enjoy it that way, or if you aren’t low carbing, have them on a wonderful soft bun and enjoy!
We ran a #photochallenge in our Facebook group to encourage people to try new dishes, and to up their photo game. Winners are chosen based on the quality of the photos, and they are generous enough to give me permission to post their photos in this post!
A little about Adina: “I am passionate about cooking international foods and photography (and combining both!). My favorite types of food to cook are Thai, Mexican, Korean, Chinese, Indian, and German. I also enjoy using a variety of cooking equipment such as the wok, pressure cooker, griddle, gas grill, and electric smoker.”
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THESE AIR FRYER BEEF BULGOGI BURGERS:
- Gowise Air Fryer or Philips Avance XL or Breville Smart Oven Air
- Meat Thermometer. Essential for Air Fryer cooking!
- Tongs to move stuff around. I use either these big silicone tongs or this set of Smaller Tongs which are easier on my hands
- Measuring cups
- My favorite cutting board
- Good set of knives
? Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
For the Bulgogi Burgers:
- 1 pound (453.59 g) Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoon (2 tablespoon) gochujang
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon (2 teaspoon) Minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoon (2 teaspoon) minced ginger
- 2 teaspoon (2 teaspoon) Sugar
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup (25 g) Green Onions
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) Salt
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, gochujang, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sugar, sesame oil, chopped onions and salt and allow the mixture to rest for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in a refrigerator.
- Divide the meat into four portions and form round patties, with a slight depression in the middle to prevent the burgers from puffing out into a dome-shape while cooking.
- Set your air fryer to 360F for 10 minutes and place the patties in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Make the Gochujang Mayonnaise: While the patties cook, mix together the mayonnaise, gochujang, sesame oil, sesame seeds and scallions.
- Using a meat thermometer, ensure that the meat has reached an internal temperature of 160F and remove to a serving tray.
- Serve the patties with hamburger buns and the gochujang mayonnaise.
- Nutritional Info does not include buns
- I suspect the final recipe has less fat since the air fryer renders fat into the basket. Either way, these are keto/lowcarb so enjoy!
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Don’t forget to check out my Air Fryer Cookbook!
Every one of the recipes in this book can be made in an hour or less, and many are on the table in as little as 30 minutes. You won’t find “cream of anything” cans in the ingredient list: instead, you’ll start with fresh ingredients–healthful meats and vegetables–and let the air fryer do the hard work. Unleash the full potential of your Air Fryer and eat healthfully every night.