This is without a doubt, the easiest ever Instant Pot Keto Low carb high protein shrimp with coconut milk you’re going to make in your pressure cooker.
What’s more, it’s a healthy shrimp recipe with no packages or mixes.
I’ve been struggling to get Shrimp done just right in a Instant Pot.
Okay, I’m not sure why I’m even trying. Shrimp cooks so quickly it should be a non-issue to cook it stove top.
Some of it is just that I don’t like failing and I failed with shrimp in a Instant Pot two or three times and it irritated me.
Shrimp is too expensive to waste like that anyway. So I was determined to try it. With thawed shrimp, not even frozen, which would have been easier.
So I decided the only way this would work in a Instant Pot is Pot-in-Pot.
By the way, before you decide you don’t have a Instant Pot and couldn’t be bothered with reading this, I’m also going to show you how to do this stove top.
The steps to this Low Carb High Protein Shrimp with Coconut Milk are very simple:
- Mix Shrimp with spices
- Cook in Instant Pot using PIP (pot in pot) for 3 mins Low pressure, QPR or
- Cook in a pan until shrimp are done
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Put into a pan and cook over gentle heat until the shrimp are cooked through. Add a little extra coconut milk if you need.
- Eat with riced cauliflower, cucumber "noodles", or shirataki noodles for low carb options, or over rice if carbs are not an issue.
- In the inner liner of your Instant Pot, place 2 cups of water, and place a trivet on top.
- Place the shrimp & coconut mixture in a pot that fits inside your Instant Pot, and cover with foil.
- Set your Instant Pot at 3 minutes for low pressure, release pressure quickly and mix well. Add a little extra coconut milk if you need.