Elegant soup that is actually simplicity itself to make, this Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Brazilian Sopa de Palmito uses just a few simple ingredients to make a creamy, tangy soup in minutes. This is a super simple, pour and cook recipe that makes a great side dish, or a full meal with a side salad or bread.
Here is a simple soup that tastes like you spent hours making it. Heart of Palm Soup or Sopa de Palmito.
WHAT EXACTLY ARE HEARTS OF PALM?
Heart of Palm is a very popular vegetable in South America. It takes a long time to get hearts of palm, which is the core of the stem of a palm. So you harvest the tree, you chop off the outside bark, you get to the center core which is the edible part. Hearts of palm are a traditional food that goes back centuries. The nuts and the heart of a particular palm tree were eaten as regular foods.
Well, it may be time-consuming. It only took me long enough to drive to the grocery, find a can of it, open the can and voila. Yay modern times!
I've only ever eaten this soup hot, but I am told it can also be consumed chilled, which actually sounds really good. I would love to tell you more about this soup, but I don't know much about it--I just know I had it once and I fell in love with it, and have been wanting to cook it, so here we go. Instant Pot Brazilian Sopa De Palmito.
If you love soups--which I totally do-- you might enjoy this Low Carb Italian Sausage Kale Soup.
Another great Instant Pot soup recipe is my Pressure Cooker IKEA Swedish Meatballs Soup.
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER BRAZILIAN SOPA DE PALMITO:
- Instant Pot Mini Duo, or Instant pot 6 quarts, or Instant Pot 8 Quarts
- Measuring Cups
- My favorite Cutting Board
- Good set of Kitchen Knives
- A great immersion blender
Want More Instant Pot Recipes?
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken is an easy 30-minute dinner and you can make rice on top of it, as the video shows.
- Pressure Cooker Rice and Dal is a great vegetarian rice dinner.
- This Lebanese Lentil and Rice dish is another great Vegetarian Instant Pot recipe.
- Instant Pot Indian Khichadi is comfort food in a bowl!
- Instant Pot Risotto with Shrimp is another one-pot comfort meal.
- Buffalo chicken casserole for the days you want low carb recipes
- You might also like low carb Chicken Biryani that uses riced cauliflower.
- Chicken and Mushrooms are a great combo.
- My kids love Instant Pot Pork Chops with Rice and Vegetables
- Zucchini Lasagna- You won't even miss the pasta.
- Haluski Recipe - A wonderful cabbage and noodles recipe.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
- Cut up the hearts of palm into chunks and place into the inner liner of your instant pot, along with liquid from the can.
- Add onions, garlic, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes, and let the pot sit undisturbed for 10 minutes
- Release all remaining pressure.
- Using an immersion blender, purée the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the heavy cream, cheese, and nutmeg and pulse the immersion blender until everything is mixed well. If you are dairy-free, you can try full-fat coconut milk instead.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve.