Pressure Cooker IKEA Swedish meatball noodle soup anyone? I have just made the most ridiculous dinner ever–that tastes good. Not everyday is beautiful food day. On the days when I’m tired, or when I’m inflamed from Rheumatoid Arthritis, I need something quick and easy.
I don’t usually cook with packets of things but my son Alex does love the IKEA sauce mix–and let’s admit it, so do I. I knew it was possible to make the sauce in a pressure cooker, but I wasn’t quite sure of the proportions without burning the noodles.
So I decided to follow the suggested proportions of 1:2 for noodles and water.
And ended up with soup. Tasty, unusual, unexpected soup.
I realized that busy parents with small kids, others with physical conditions that prevent them from standing up for too long, all of us could benefit from these “hardly a recipe” type of recipes, so I’m showing you how to make these.
This Swedish meatball soup now joins their ranks.
How does it Taste?
My husband laughed when he saw it, but he ate two bowls and my picky eater is going after it. It’s a relatively bland, not spicy soup. You definitely need the salt and pepper. The taste of the nutmeg comes through the soup. I think this is great for days when you want something simple, not spicy, and comforting. I do think it’s an extremely kid friendly meal.
EQUIPMENT & INGREDIENTS YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE NOW AND LATER KETO INDIAN BUTTER CHICKEN
- Instant Pot Mini Duo or Instant Pot 6 quart or Instant Pot 8 Quart
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- IKEA Frozen Swedish meatballs
- IKEA Cream sauce packet
THE RECIPE STEPS FOR THIS PRESSURE COOKER IKEA SWEDISH MEATBALLS SOUP ARE:
- Pour everything into your pressure cooker.
- 4mins HP, 10 mins NPR.
- Release pressure in bursts to avoid foaming.
For days when you just need a quick meal, this Ikea Swedish Meatball Soup take ready-frozen Swedish meatballs and the IKEA cream sauce packet, to make a no-fuss comfort meal.
- Pour all ingredients into the inner liner of your Instant Pot or Pressure cooker.
- Cook for 4 mins at high pressure. Allow it to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes.
- Slowly release remaining pressure but do this carefully as you may get some sputtering. Start and stop the release in slow bursts.
- Dish out and enjoy your quick, tasty, unusual meal
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.