Love to eat quinoa but hate how long it takes to cook on the stovetop? Here are some of the best Instant Pot quinoa recipes to get one of your favorites on the table faster! Learn how to cook quinoa in the Instant Pot for quick, easy and healthy meals.
How Do You Cook Quinoa So It's Not Bitter?
Even if your quinoa says that it is pre-rinsed on the box, always take time to thoroughly rinse it. Quinoa has a natural coating called saponin. This helps keeps bugs away from the plant. If you rinse it, it removes this natural coating and helps to remove any bitter taste.
How Can I Make Quinoa Taste Better?
While I happen to love quinoa with just as few simple spices added in, I have several tips and tricks for making Instant Pot quinoa taste even better.
- Rinse- Always rinse your quinoa. This will help make it less bitter by removing the saponin (it's natural coating).
- Spice it up- Add some fresh herbs spices to make it exciting.
- Add protein- Chicken and Seafood are great added to Instant Pot quinoa.
- Make it sweet- Quinoa is delicious as a sweet dish too. Make it as a pudding or oatmeal.
- Cook in broth- add depth to the flavor by cooking in broth instead of water.
How To Cook Quinoa
The Best Quinoa Salad Recipes
Quinoa Main Meals
Quinoa Side Dishes
Quinoa Soup Recipes
How Long Does Cooked Quinoa Last?
Quinoa is quite resilient after it is cooked. It must be refrigerated but once you do so, it will last up to a week. If you choose to freeze it instead, it can last anywhere from 8 to 12 months.
Whether you choose to make your Instant Pot quinoa sweet, savory, a full meal, or a dessert, you're guaranteed to love how quickly it's finished. If you love these recipes, make sure to share this post with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest to make them again later.
Want More Instant Pot Recipes?
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken is an easy 30-minute dinner and you can make rice on top of it, as the video shows.
- Pressure Cooker Rice and Dal is a great vegetarian rice dinner.
- This Lebanese Lentil and Rice dish is another great Vegetarian Instant Pot recipe.
- Instant Pot Indian Khichadi is comfort food in a bowl!
- Instant Pot Risotto with Shrimp is another one-pot comfort meal.
- Buffalo chicken casserole for the days you want low carb recipes
- You might also like low carb Chicken Biryani that uses riced cauliflower.
- Chicken and Mushrooms are a great combo.
- My kids love Instant Pot Pork Chops with Rice and Vegetables
- Zucchini Lasagna- You won't even miss the pasta.
- Haluski Recipe - A wonderful cabbage and noodles recipe.