This Salmon Quinoa Bowl is a delicious and nutritious meal that's so very easy to make. Thanks to the Instant Pot, this recipe will be done before you know it!
What Makes This Instant Pot Quinoa Salad With Salmon So Good
- Fast. Ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Easy. A super simple recipe made in your Instant Pot.
- High Protein. An impressive 13 grams of protein per serving.
- Versatile. Serve this Quinoa Salad hot or cold.
From the earthy, fluffy quinoa to the deliciously tender salmon to the crisp bite of the veggies, you're going to love every bite of this healthy quinoa salad. Thanks to the salmon and quinoa, this dish is also high in protein, making it a dish that will leave you satisfyingly full.
In addition to being so very good, the dish is so very easy to make as well. Thanks to your Instant Pot, this dish will be done in less than 30 minutes. Though a quinoa salad is traditionally served cold, this salad can be enjoyed both as cold or hot.
How To Make This Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Add salad ingredients. Place quinoa, water, salt, and olive oil in the Instant Pot. Scatter corn on top.
- Add salmon. Place a steamer rack in the Instant Pot. Place the salmon fillets on the rack.
- Cook. Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select MANUAL and set the pot at HIGH pressure for 1 minute. When cook time is complete, let the pot release pressure naturally for 5 minutes, and then release all remaining pressure.
- Prepare vinaigrette. Meanwhile for the Vinaigrette, blend together lime juice, olive oil, cilantro serrano, and salt and set aside.
- Shred. Remove the salmon from the Instant pot and shred it into large pieces.
- Cool. Rinse the quinoa under cold water to stop it from continuing to cook in the residual heat.
- Plate. Place salmon, quinoa, red onions, cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and peanuts in a serving bowl.
- Serve. Toss with the vinaigrette. Scatter the cilantro on top and serve.
- Stovetop: I also have directions for how to make Quinoa on the stovetop or rice cooker quinoa if you prefer.
You can also can mix it up by adding corn, black beans and my Creamy Avocado Tomatillo Salsa to make it a southwestern quinoa salad.
Is Quinoa Salad Healthy?
Why yes, it certainly is! Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein, contains plenty of all 9 essential amino acids, is high in fiber and various other vitamins and minerals. Add in some healthy veggies and salmon and you've got a very well-rounded and nutritious dish.
What Is Quinoa Salad Made Of?
The ingredients for a quinoa salad can vary from recipe to recipe. In most cases, it will consist of quinoa, some veggies like onions and carrots, a dressing, and will sometimes include some other proteins like fish or chicken.
For this recipe I used:
For The Body Of The Quinoa Salad
For The Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
How Long Does Salmon Salad Last In The Fridge?
Salmon salad should last about 3 days when properly stored in an airtight container in your fridge.
More Delicious Salmon And Quinoa Recipes
- Air Fryer Keto Miso Salmon - An Asian-inspired salmon dish that you really must try!
- Low Carb Miso Soup With Salmon - A delightfully savory soup that is bursting with umami miso flavor.
- Smoked Salmon and Cheese Appetizer - A show-stopper low-carb appetizer.
- Salmon Bok Choy - If you like salmon and Asian food, you’re going to love this recipe.
- Crazy Good Salmon Cream Cheese Dip - Sophisticated, smoky, creamy, and absolutely yummy.
- Salmon with Orange Ginger Sauce - A great Instant Pot low carb salmon recipe.
- Instant Pot Quinoa Pudding - An easy Indian dessert that takes only four ingredients to make.
- Edamame Salad With Quinoa - Full of plant protein and is easily made with your Instant Pot.
If you're looking for more delicious rice or grain recipes, check out my list of 49+ Instant Pot Rice and Grains Recipes!
So the next time you're looking for a nutritious yet simple dish to make for dinner, make yourself this Salmon Quinoa Bowl. Make sure to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest and Facebook so they can enjoy it as well!
- Place quinoa, water, salt, and olive oil in the Instant Pot. Scatter corn on top.
- Place a steamer rack in the Instant Pot. Place the salmon filets on the rack.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select MANUAL and set the pot at HIGH pressure for 1 minute. When cook time is complete, let the pot release pressure naturally for 5 minutes, and then release all remaining pressure.
- Meanwhile for the Vinaigrette, blend together lime juice, olive oil, cilantro serrano, and salt and set aside.
- Remove the salmon from the Instant pot and shred into large pieces.
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water to stop it from continuing to cook in the residual heat.
- Place salmon, quinoa, red onions, cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and peanuts in a serving bowl.
- Toss with the vinaigrette. Scatter the cilantro on top and serve.
- Be absolutely sure to rinse the quinoa, even if the box says it is pre-rinsed.
- Don't skip on adding the little bit of butter/oil while cookign quinoa, as it can stick to the pot.
- If you plan to double the recipe, use 1.75 cups of water. Everything else, including cooktimes will stay the same.
- You can use rotisserie chicken or steamed shrimp with this recipe as well.