If you like salmon and Asian food, and you're doing keto, you're going to love this Air Fryer Salmon Bok Choy recipe. It's an entire dinner that can be cooked in your air fryer, and is done in about half an hour--and you will see why air fryer salmon is the way to go.
This Salmon Bok Choy is full of beautiful umami flavor. The salmon pairs beautifully with the bok choy and the shiitake mushrooms making a gorgeous meal you can be proud to serve. If you're apprehensive about cooking the salmon in the air fryer, don't be. The skin turns so crispy and amazing, and the marinating step makes sure all those amazing flavors are soaked up in the salmon before it's even cooked.
Salmon Bok Choy | Air Fryer Recipe
One of my favorite things about this Air Fryer Keto Salmon Bok Choy recipe is that it's cooked in one pan. The only thing you will need to clean after dinner is the air fryer basket and your dinner plates. This is why I value my air fryer so much, is because outside of making beautiful food and recipes, it also makes clean up so much easier.
Make sure that you don't stick the Bok Choy and mushrooms in for the whole time with the salmon. I note this in the recipe but wanted to make sure you saw this here. Your vegetables will only need to cook for about 6 minutes in the air fryer, because any longer than that they will be overcooked and turn to mush.
Can you make Salmon in an Air Fryer?
Not only can you make salmon in the air fryer, but it is actually my preferred way to make it.
- For one, it's a lot easier to clean up than cleaning the splatters off the stove top.
- Secondly--and this to me is the much more important reason to do it--your whole house doesn't smell like fish. I know I should eat more fish, and I try--but I really can't stand that lingering smell of fish in my house. To get rid of that fish smell--okay, well. It's easier to NOT have the fish smell in your house in the first place! Using an air fryer keeps that smell confined, and since the mess is easy to clean up, you don't have fishy splatters to contend with.
But the main reason to make air fryer salmon?
- Taste. Yup what else would you expect from a foodie like me? AIr fryer salmon is perfect, flaky, and if you use a good marinade, the top can be beautifully caramelized and sweet, and lightly crispy.
So I vote YES to making salmon in your air fryer.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS SALMON RECIPES TO TRY? CHECK OUT MY PRESSURE COOKER SALMON WITH ORANGE GINGER SAUCE OR INSTANT POT QUINOA SALAD WITH SALMON!
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
- 2 (2 ) Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Minced Ginger
- 2 teaspoons (2 teaspoons) finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup (124 ml) fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup (58 ml) Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons (3 tablespoons) Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) Kosher Salt
- 2 5 ounce (708.74 g) Salmon Fillets
- For the fish: In a small bowl whisk together garlic, ginger, orange zest and juice, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, and salt. Remove half of the marinade and reserve. Place salmon in a gallon-size resealable bag. Pour remaining half of marinade over salmon. Seal and massage to coat. Allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place salmon in air fryer basket. Set fryer to 400°F for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the vegetables: Brush bok choy and mushroom caps all over with sesame oil and season lightly with salt. After 6 minutes of cook time, add vegetables around salmon in air fryer basket. Continue cooking for remaining 6 minutes.
- Drizzle salmon with some of the reserved marinade and sprinkle vegetables with sesame seeds to serve.
- The recipe probably has fewer carbs and calories since you're unlikely to be eating all of the sauce/marinade, but I'm not sure how to account for that.