Sophisticated, smoky, creamy, and absolutely yummy, this Keto Smoked Salmon Dip is a crowd-pleaser. For just $5 you can have an elegant tasting appetizer.
I first made this Smoked Salmon Dip over 20+ years ago. I had forgotten about it for years and decided to make it again, and I am really glad I did. It tastes even better than I remember, and I now realize why so many people asked me for the recipe!
What Makes This Keto Salmon Dip Crazy Good?
- Keto. Only 1 net carb per serving.
- Fast. Only 10 minutes to make this delicious appetizer.
- Easy. I use canned or leftover salmon for this recipe, so you just pour the ingredients together and it's done.
- No-Cook. Really. If you use canned salmon for this smoked salmon dip, there's no cooking required.
This Smoked Salmon Dip recipe is so simple and a total crowd-pleaser. Not only is it good to snack on while catching up with friends at a party, but it's also a great Keto Brunch option too.
Salmon Cream Cheese Dip Tips and Tricks
- This recipe calls for using canned salmon, but you can also use the leftover salmon from making my delicious Pressure Cooker Salmon with Orange Ginger Sauce. It's a great way to repurpose your leftovers and create multiple dishes with the same salmon.
- This recipe is super simple and is great when you need a quick, delicious, and healthy dip to take to a party. The dip tastes smoked due to the liquid smoke, so you can use any kind of salmon to make this recipe.
- I am always skeptical about recipes with canned products, but canned salmon is cheap, nutritious, and most importantly tastes good. It's also a keto recipe with cucumbers, peppers, and more so you won't break your diet by eating this dip.
- Lastly, I do recommend letting the dip sit after its made so that the flavors meld together.
Can You Freeze Smoked Salmon Dip?
Technically, yes. But I wouldn't recommend it. While the flavor may not change much once it is defrosted, the texture of the cream cheese might change. It's such a simple salmon dip recipe, you're better off just making it fresh when you're craving it.
What Goes Good With Smoked Salmon?
Smoked Salmon is great paired with so many different things. Obviously I love it paired with cream cheese, like in this keto dip recipe.
More Great Salmon Recipes
- Smoked Salmon and Cheese Timbale- low-carb appetizer that can be put together in about 15 minutes!
- Salmon Croquettes- deliciously moist, crunchy and bursting with salmon flavor in every bite.
- Salmon Bok Choy- It's delicious and clean up is a breeze!
- Instant Pot Quinoa Salad With Salmon - A delicious and nutritious meal that's so very easy to make.
- Instant Pot Salmon- packed with flavor and made fast in your Instant Pot.
If you're looking for the perfect simple and delicious Keto appetizer, this Smoked Salmon Dip is it. If you and your guests love it as much as I do, make sure you share it with them on Facebook and Pinterest so you can make it again soon.
- 6 ounces (170.1 g) canned salmon, skinless, boneless
- 8 ounces (226.8 g) Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 cup (25 g) Chopped Green Scallions
- 1/3 cup (33 g) chopped pecans , or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Kosher Salt, less if salmon is salted)
- 1-2 teaspoons (1 teaspoons) Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Smoked Paprika
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature and mash with the back of a fork to soften.
- Gently mix in all the remaining ingredients.
- Allow dip to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature and mix once again.
- Garnish with paprika for a burst of color before serving.
- Use leftover cooked salmon
- Add hot sauce
- Add Worcestershire sauce
- Substitute other nuts for pecans
- Mix in lemon juice for a zing
- Use sour cream instead of cream cheese
- Add curry powder for a different flavor
- Add chopped dill and capers