Make a rich, and indulgent snack with a kick when you make this Chili Cheese Toast in your Air Fryer. It’s got just the right amount of crunch and the right amount of kick from the chili.
Air Fryer Chili Cheese Toast
When I tell you that Chili Cheese toast reminds me of my childhood, you’re going to wonder what kind of kid eats hot, spicy, roasted chilies for fun. Me, that’s who. But in fairness, so do a lot of other kids in India.
This is a classic instance of how Indians take what might be a bland recipe and add spices or chilies to bump it up a notch.
Roasted chilies get pretty spicy so be a little careful how many you put on each slice. If you want it hotter though, add some ground black pepper to amp up the spice.
In India, this is made with a processed cheese called Amul Cheese. We feel about it sort of as you do about Velveeta–who knows what’s in it, but boy is it a lovely, guilty pleasure! In this recipe, I’ve used a mix of Mozzarella and parmesan to approximate the sharp taste of Amul cheese.
Another lovely, indulgent bread recipe is my One Step Pao De Quiejo Brazilian Cheese Bread! It’s amazing and so much simpler to make than the traditional recipe!
And if you’re looking for another great air fryer recipe, my Air Fryer Cheese Biscuits are the perfect little scrumptious morsels for parties.
But really, all you need is this delicious Air Fryer Chili Cheese toast, and a hot cup of masala chai, and you’re all set.
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS AIR FRYER CHILI CHEESE TOAST:
- Gowise Air Fryer or Philips Avance XL or Breville Smart Oven Air
- Tongs to move stuff around. I use either these big silicone tongs or this set of Smaller Tongs which are easier on my hands
- Measuring cups
- My favorite cutting board
- Good set of knives
? Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- In a small bowl, mix together the grated cheeses, butter and chilis. You want to make a bit of a paste with all this before you spread it on the bread, because if you don't, you will have airborne shreds of cheese flying about the air fryer.
- Spread this paste on to the 2 slices of sourdough bread.
- Place the slices of bread on in the air fryer basket and cook at 330F for 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
Don’t forget to check out my Air Fryer Cookbook!
Every one of the recipes in this book can be made in an hour or less, and many are on the table in as little as 30 minutes. You won’t find “cream of anything” cans in the ingredient list: instead, you’ll start with fresh ingredients–healthful meats and vegetables–and let the air fryer do the hard work. Unleash the full potential of your Air Fryer and eat healthfully every night.