Thai Coconut Pandan Custard is a delicious treat that is Keto, Low Carb, and is all made in your Instant Pot!
Why Did I Make This Custard?
I was reading this book on foods you should eat before you die (who knew there was such a thing?) One of the things it listed was Sangkhaya. Thai coconut custard dessert that's baked inside a squash. It looked amazing and I thought I'd try it since I just happened to have an acorn squash sitting around.
My acorn squash was small. So, I had to weigh my options. I could either cook only the small amount of custard that would fit in my squash, cook all of the squash in a dish. Or do what I did Which is fill up the acorn squash and then cooked the leftovers in a separate Instant Pot to have some coconut milk custard by itself.
What Makes This Thai Custard So Good?
- Easy- Mix it up, throw it in the Pot, Cook, Serve.
- Delicious- You'll love the sweet, aromatic flavors of coconut milk and pandan.
- Low Carb- With only 6 carbs per serving, it's a pretty guilt-free snack.
How To Make This Coconut Custard Recipe
- Blend together all ingredients
- Cook PIP for 30 minutes HP, NPR
- Chill & Serve.
Want More One Pot Instant Pot Recipes?
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken is an easy 30-minute dinner and you can make rice on top of it, as the video shows.
- Pressure Cooker Rice and Dal is a great vegetarian rice dinner.
- This Lebanese Lentil and Rice dish is another great Vegetarian Instant Pot recipe.
- Instant Pot Indian Khichadi is comfort food in a bowl!
- Instant Pot Risotto with Shrimp is another one-pot comfort meal.
- Buffalo chicken casserole for the days you want low carb recipes
- You might also like low carb Chicken Biryani that uses riced cauliflower.
- Chicken and Mushrooms are a great combo.
- My kids love Instant Pot Pork Chops with Rice and Vegetables
- Zucchini Lasagna- You won't even miss the pasta.
- Haluski Recipe - A wonderful cabbage and noodles recipe.
This Thai Coconut Pandan Custard is a delicious low carb treat you'll want to make again and again. If you love this recipe as much as I do please share with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so they can try it too.
- Blend together the eggs, milk, sweetener and the pandan extract, and pour it into a 6-inch heatproof bowl. Cover with foil.
- Place 2 cups of water into your liner, place a trivet in the liner, and place your bowl onto the trivet.
- Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes and let it release pressure naturally. A knife inserted into the custard should come out clean.
- Cool in refrigerator until the custard is set.