If you need a one-pan meal that's delicious and the whole family will love, you need to make this Teriyaki Chicken! It's unbelievably easy to make, only has three simple ingredients and is sure to be a hit with the family!
I feel like a fraud calling this Teriyaki Chicken a recipe but you know what? It was so easy and so delicious that it's definitely worth sharing. Basically you cut up some chicken, you put it in a plastic baggie. You pour some ready made, lower sugar Teriyaki marinade over it, and then cook it, and hey presto! Homemade Teriyaki chicken in no time at all.
WANT SOME MORE CHICKEN RECIPES? I HAVE A TON! SEE THEM HERE!
I used a ready made sesame ginger teriyaki sauce from Tom Thumb, after reading the labels and picking the one with the lowest sugar that I could find and I served it with some riced cauliflower, but in the past I've served it with Szechuan Cabbage.
? Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars to rate.
- Put the chicken chunks into a ziplock bag and pour the marinade over it. Carefully close the bag, squeezing out all the air and let it marinade for 30 mins to an hour.
- Heat the oil in a pan with the stove turned on high, and when it's shimmering, carefully pour the contents of the bag, chicken and sauce and all into the pan. Be careful because it's going to splatter at this point.
- Keep the heat high and allow the chicken to brown before carefully turning over each piece with tongs. Let both sides brown well.
- Turn heat to low and put a lid on the pan so that the chicken can finish cooking under steam.
- Give it about 3-5 minutes and check to see if done.
- Use your tongs to get the pieces of chicken out so that you leave any extra oil and sauce in the pan. Normally we'd put it over rice and so you'd want that sauce, but since there's no rice in low carb eating, you may as well cut some sugar and oil by leaving the extra sauce in there.
- I served it with Szechuan cabbage.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!