My dad arrives from India today so I have to make something his 90-year body (and teeth) can enjoy, AND tomorrow is soft foods day for us! yay!
Best Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
We were told to eat meats that were out of a crockpot or Instant Pot so they were soft. So here goes.
Oh and, I’m Indian. Believe me when I tell you, this is the my favorite way to eat chicken curry and it’s also the easiest way I know how to make it.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VARIATIONS ON CHICKEN CURRY? CHECK OUT MY INSTANT POT JAMAICAN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE!
★ DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DON’T FORGET TO GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW! JUST CLICK ON THE STARS IN THE RECIPE CARD TO RATE.
This is the best Slow Cooker Chicken Curry recipe out there! Thanks to your slow cooker, you can make this delicious dish with minimal effort!
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 inch minced ginger roughly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon homemade garam masala or buy ready mixed
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1.5 pounds chicken , skinned
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 1 inch piece cinnamon
- 4 green cardamom
- 2 whole cloves
- In a food processor, grind together everything except the chicken, spinach and whole spices. Make a nice, smooth paste. This may take a few minutes, be patient.
- Put the chicken pieces in your Instant Pot, and pour over the yummy-smelling sauce you just made. Put in the whole spices.
- Chop up the spinach and add during the last hour of cooking.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 until chicken is tender.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.