This Paneer Tikka is spiced and pan-fried quickly in ghee for a savory Indian snack. It can be served deliciously on its own, or with other sauces and dips. It is low-carb and keto-friendly for your health-conscious friends to enjoy.
Appetizer Party With Paneer Tikka!
This Low-Carb Paneer Tikka makes either a handy appetizer on its own or a welcome addition to other sauces and dips.
When I figured out how to make Paneer in an Instant Pot without having to babysit the process, I started to think of quick and easy things I could do with the paneer.
If you love appetizer parties, (and who doesn’t!) then I have a menu for you. You can serve, or have your guests each bring an app!
What Is Paneer Tikka?
Paneer is an Indian cheese that is creamy and salty. It is so versatile as it doesn’t melt, that the possibilities of cooking with Paneer are endless.
You can buy paneer ready-made at Indian grocery stores where it is typically in the frozen section. At the grocery store, they sell the paneer either plain or fried. You can also make it yourself using my very easy pressure cooker paneer recipe.
Watch a Video on How to make Restaurant-style Paneer Tikka At Home
How To Make Paneer Tikka
1. Place paneer into a bowl and add oil and all the spices.
2. Gently mix everything, taking care to not break the paneer. I found this easiest to do with my hands.
3. Allow this mixture to marinate for about 30 minutes.
4. Heat a skillet, and when it’s hot, add two tablespoons of ghee.
5. Lay the paneer cubes in a single layer in the pan.
6. Let it sear for 1-2 minutes, and then using tongs, turn the pieces to sear the other side. Once both sides are seared, you can reduce the heat a little to finish warming the paneer.
7. Spritz the lemon juice right before serving.
Looking For More Paneer Recipes? Check These Out!
- If you ever thought making Indian Palak Paneer (or Spinach with Paneer) was complicated, here’s the recipe that will convince you otherwise. Delicious, nutritious, full-flavored, & super easy to make!
- Make restaurant-quality Indian Matar Paneer, or Indian Peas and Paneer, in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker. This is a classic Indian Vegetarian recipe you can make at home in minutes!
- Make this Vegetarian Paneer Biryani in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Make an easy, authentic, kid-friendly, vegetarian/vegan dinner in under 30 minutes!
So the next time you’re looking for a great low carb snack with tons of flavor, make yourself some delicious Paneer Tikka! Make sure to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest and Facebook so they can enjoy it too!
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Tag me with #TrustUrvashi if you post and I will share your post.
- 1.5 cups paneer cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3-4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger minced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoons Turmeric
- ½ teaspoons Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoons Ground Coriander
- ½ teaspoons Smoked Paprika for color and a slightly smoky taste
- ¼ teaspoons Cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Ghee for cooking the paneer
- 1 lemon Juice of 1 lemon for sprinkling before serving
- Allow this mixture to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a skillet, and when it's hot, add two tablespoons of ghee. Lay the paneer cubes in a single layer in the pan.
- Let it sear for 1-2 minutes, and then using tongs, turn the pieces to sear the other side. Once both sides are seared, you can reduce the heat a little to finish warming the paneer.
- Spritz the lemon juice right before serving.
- You can buy paneer ready-made at Indian grocery stores where it is typically in the frozen section. At the grocery store, they sell the paneer either plain or fried. You can also make it yourself using my very easy pressure cooker paneer recipe.
- If you are looking for a substitute or can’t find Paneer, try queso fresco. It has a similar consistency and taste.