As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. We may also earn money from the companies mentioned in this post.
Dried hibiscus leaves make a lovely, refreshing Agua De Jamaica Hibiscus Tea in your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. Perfect drink for Summer!
Hibiscus Tea | Agua De Jamaica | Pressure Cooker
Did you know that pressure cooking dried hibiscus leaves make a lovely, refreshing Hibiscus Tea in your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker? It is such a perfect drink for Summer!
Ever since I made the Instant Pot Horchata, I knew it was only a matter of time before I made Agua De Jamaica in the Instant Pot. My usual problem with Hibiscus Tea is that it can be a little acidic. But once I’d made Iced tea in the Instant Pot and realized how it reduced bitterness to make it that way, I was fairly sure this method would cut down on the acidity in the Jamaica as well–and sure enough, it did.
This recipe makes a very deep, red drink. I had to take it out in the sunshine so you could see any pink in it. Making this in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker gives it such a lovely, smooth taste.
The other advantage of pressure cooking was that straining it was a breeze. The petals sank to the bottom and all I had to do was pour carefully. I didn’t even need to strain really, which was nice.
Other Instant Pot Drinks Recipes
- Want to give my Instant Pot Instant Horchata a try? Like most things in the Instant Pot, it’s quite easy to make and it’s as delicious as the original yet with less sugar!
- And if you’re looking for more great tea recipes, check out my Instant Pot Iced Tea! It’s a classic iced sweet tea that’s made even better by your Instant Pot.
So if you’re looking for a deliciously refreshing drink for the spring, summer, or really anytime of year for that matter, make this delightful Hibiscus Tea. Simply brew the tea in the Instant Pot and serve it over ice for an unbelievably simple and refreshing tea!
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
Dried hibiscus leaves make a lovely, refreshing Agua De Jamaica Hibiscus Tea in your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. It’s a perfect drink for Summer!
- In the inner liner of your Instant Pot, add all ingredients except lime juice and ice.
Cook at high pressure for 4 mins, allow 10 mins NPR and then release all pressure.
- The flowers will have settled to the bottom. Decant the liquid into a glass pitcher and when cool, add lime juice if you want a little more acidity.
- This is a semi-concentrate, so serve over ice.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.