If your herb garden is anything like mine, it’s taking over. I’m getting creative with how I’m using my herbs, and I’m so excited with how this Cilantro Pesto recipe turned out!
I use a LOT of cilantro in my cooking as it is. Some people hate cilantro, and others love it. I am one of those people who love it and the crisp, refreshing flavor it adds to dishes, especially as a finishing touch. So when I say I have a crazy amount of cilantro, that’s saying something.
This Cilantro Pesto is going to be completely different than any other cilantro recipe you’ve ever had or tried. It’s got such a diferent flavor profile than a traditional basil pesto. It’s perfect for so many different things, and I can’t wait to see how you experiment with it!
This Cilantro Pesto would be good as a sauce over a prepared dish, a cooking sauce to cook alongside a protein, as a marinade before you cook, or even as a spread for breads or other dippables.
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CHECK OUT MY CREAMY KETO TOMATILLO AVOCADO SALSA!
If you’re doing Keto, this Cilantro Pesto makes a great way to spice up some grilled meat. I’m constantly looking for new sauces and spreads to add to meat to change up the flavor. This is an excellent topping for grilled meat of any kind.
★ DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DON’T FORGET TO GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW! JUST CLICK ON THE STARS IN THE RECIPE CARD TO RATE.
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon each of cumin seeds and coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios
- 1/2 cilantro and 1/2 parsley
- Sub red wine vinegar for the lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ras al hanout, sumac, or zataar
- Place all ingredients into a blender and mix until the you get a smooth sauce. Use this as as marinade for meats, or as a sauce to top grilled meats.
- Macros are for the whole recipe