It’s so easy to make Air Fryer Cornish Game Hens! This recipe features the beautiful flavorings of Thai Gai Yang and will be a recipe you’ll want to make over and over again.
Cooking game hens can be tricky when you do them in the oven. They dry out quickly if you’re not careful. Making Air Fryer Cornish Game Hens is an absolute breeze and they turn out great. They have a great crispy outside and a juicy, tender inside.
These fit best into the Air-Fryer when they’re cut in half long-ways, and you’ll see my instructions for that in the directions below. This makes sure they don’t have to cook as long, and that they’re crispy and delicious on all sides.
The frugal me loves using up cilantro roots in this dish–especially since the foodie me knows that’s where most of the flavor lies. Use every bit of your cilantro stalks for this recipe for sure.
As for lemongrass paste, I found it in a tube in the produce section. If your grocery store doesn’t carry this paste, just chop, crush and mash some fragrant, fresh lemongrass and add that to the marinade.
Check out all my other delicious Air Fryer Recipes here!
And if you’re looking for more great Thai recipes, check out my Air Fryer Thai Peanut Chicken!
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THESE LOW CARB AIR FRYER CORNISH GAME HENS:
- Gowise Air Fryer or Philips Avance XL or Breville Smart Oven Air
- Meat Thermometer. Essential for Air Fryer cooking!
- AIr Fryer accessory set or 7-inch pan
- Tongs to move stuff around. I use either these big silicone tongs or this set of Smaller Tongs which are easier on my hands
- Measuring cups
- My favorite cutting board
- Good set of knives
? Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- 1 cup (16 g) fresh cilantro leaves and stems, trimmed and chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup (58 g) Fish Sauce
- 8 (8 ) Garlic Cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoon (2 tbsp) stevia
- 1 JalapeÃ±o pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoon (2 tbsp) lemongrass paste
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoon (2 tsp) Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoon (2 tsp) Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon (1 tsp) Salt
- 1 teaspoon (1 tsp) Turmeric
- 2 whole (2 whole) cornish game hens, giblets removed, split in half length-wise
- Place the four halves of the Cornish game hens into a large bowl.
- In a blender jar, add the cilantro, fish sauce, garlic, sugar, lemon grass paste, pepper, coriander, salt and turmeric, and process until smooth. Pour the mixture over the chicken and mix very well.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place the game hen halves into the basket of the air fryer in a single layer. Set the air fryer to 400ºF for 20 minutes.
- Test with a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 150ºF before serving.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Don’t forget to check out my Air Fryer Cookbook!
Every one of the recipes in this book can be made in an hour or less, and many are on the table in as little as 30 minutes. You won’t find “cream of anything” cans in the ingredient list: instead, you’ll start with fresh ingredients—healthful meats and vegetables—and let the air fryer do the hard work. Unleash the full potential of your Air Fryer and eat healthfully every night.