Just because you’re on a diet, doesn’t mean you need to miss out on meatballs! These delicious Air Fryer Low Carb Chicken Meatballs are simple and will melt in your mouth! These use coconut to hold the meatballs together while also adding a ton of flavor.
Low Carb Chicken Meatballs
I’ve been debating what to do with this ground chicken I had sitting around. The last time I made I very yummy chicken and rice dish (NOT low carb but tasty) but it used a hundred different pots so I was not going to try to recreate that. I decided to try some Asian-style Low Carb Chicken Meatballs instead and I’m glad I did. Not only were they super easy, they’re also tasty, and low-carb, and I need to cut carbs these days.
Have you tried my Coconut Tomato Soup? It’s amazing and a reader favorite!
I’m sure you could make these without the unsweetened coconut if you wanted, but the mixture was sticky so I wanted to add a little something to stiffen it. But once I decided to use a scoop, then the consistency didn’t really matter. The coconut makes it taste good, but I don’t think it’s essential.
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THESE LOW CARB CHICKEN MEATBALLS:
- Gowise Air Fryer or Philips Avance XL or Breville Smart Oven Air
- Meat Thermometer. Essential for Air Fryer cooking!
- AIr Fryer accessory set or 7-inch pan
- Tongs to move stuff around. I use either these big silicone tongs or this set of Smaller Tongs which are easier on my hands
- Measuring cups
- My favorite cutting board
- Good set of knives
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients together gently. It makes a wet and sticky mixture.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil . Using a small scoop or a teaspoon, drop rounds of the mixture onto the foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake until they reach an internal temperature of 150-160F, about 15-20 minutes.
- Move sheet close to broiler and broil for a few minutes to brown the tops if you like.
- These turned out really nice in an airfryer, the only problem is i could only fit 6-8 at a time and you'd have to do it in batches.
- Cook at 350F for 10 minutes, flipping once, until they reach an internal temperature of 150-165F.
- Brown at 400 for 2-3 minutes.
Don’t forget to check out my Air Fryer Cookbook!
Every one of the recipes in this book can be made in an hour or less, and many are on the table in as little as 30 minutes. You won’t find “cream of anything” cans in the ingredient list: instead, you’ll start with fresh ingredients–healthful meats and vegetables–and let the air fryer do the hard work. Unleash the full potential of your Air Fryer and eat healthfully every night.