These naturally low carb, gluten-free Air Fryer Meatballs are absolutely bursting with taco flavor. They're quick and easy to make since they're cooked in the air fryer. Easy, family-friendly, and cheap. Winning combination!
Low Carb Air Fryer Meatball Recipe
When you think of an appetizer, or at least when I think of them, one of the first recipes that pops into my head is a recipe for meatballs.
I love making a juicy, flavorful, and delicious meatball recipe like these Taco Meatballs. They're easily the best meatball recipe I've made thus far.
It can be difficult to keep meatballs from drying out in the cooking process. It's important they're cooked all the way through.
But the beauty of meatballs is that you can make so many different ones, that it keeps things interesting--plus course, it's easy to make keto meatballs.
Follow my instructions as closely as possible so you can end up with the juiciest meatballs ever.
Why You're Going To Love These Air Fryer Meatballs
There are two things about these Taco meatballs that make them even better.
- Keto-friendly which means those of us who want to cut carbs can have them with no ill-effects. Low carb meatballs? Yes, you heard correctly. It's all about what you DON'T put
- Air Fryer meatballs. The Air Fryer uses little oil to cook your foods. So, you get that delicious fried flavoring and texture without them being overly greasy.
- Fast. These are done in about 20 minutes start to finish. Can't even order pizza that fast!
- Family-friendly. Meatballs are easy for kids to hold and eat, and the taco flavor makes it a familiar one for lots of kids.
- Versatile. Yes this is a great recipe for air fryer meatballs but remember you can also just cook them on the stovetop.
- Base Recipe. It's a great base recipe for air fryer meatballs. You can add shawarma spice to it. Or you can fashion these out of my recipe for Kheema Meatloaf and make it into kheema meatballs for a faster dinner.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Meatballs?
Of course, if you're doing keto, I would skip the pasta as it will drop you out of ketosis. No worries though, these meatballs are great for many other options and won't disappoint.
If you're looking for a great side option for this dish, check out my Mexican Corn Eloté. It's sweet, savory, and thanks to your air fryer it's super easy to make!
Another great side dish option is my Pressure Cooker Refried Beans. This recipe is delicious and so simple, you'll never want to buy canned refried beans again!
Want More Meatball Recipes?
I know I can't be the only one who absolutely loves meatballs. Meatballs are delicious if they're made properly and don't make me feel like I'm swallowing a cotton ball.
If you're looking for more great meatball recipes, check out my Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs. Make a delicious party food in just 10 minutes with 6 simple ingredients! Or these amazing Keto Turkey Meatballs that are so good you won't even realize they're made with turkey. In the mood for breakfast? Try Keto Sausage Balls.
What Are The Best Things To Put In An Air Fryer?
Almost anything you would normally deep fry or cook in the oven is equally delicious made in the air fryer.
From my experience, anything that is naturally rich in fats (such as chicken wings, meatballs, or hamburgers) are some of the best things to make in your air fryer because they stay moist on the inside but are extra crispy on the outside.
If you're wanting to cook something that isn't naturally high in fats, consider spraying a small amount of oil over the top for the perfect texture.
Can You Fry Meat In An Air Fryer?
Use my recipe to make these Air Fryer Meatballs. They're gluten free meatballs without breadcrumbs. They are the perfect dish for dinner, an appetizer, or even a snack.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
For Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup (57.5 g) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (130 g) salsa
- 1-2 (1 ) Cholula hot sauce
- Place all ingredients in a stand mixer bowl. Using the paddle attachment, beat the mix together until it forms a sticky paste, about 2-3 minutes.
- Form into 12 meatballs. Place meatballs in the air fryer basket. Set the airfryer to 400F for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together the sauce: in a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, salsa, and hot sauce. Serve with the meatballs.