Easy, flavorful fantastic keto spicy ground pork stir fry recipe will please the whole family and can be made in under 20 minutes.
What Makes This Ground Pork Stir Fry So Great?
- Fast. A Keto dinner is done in less than 30 minutes.
- Easy. A simple one-skillet meal done on your stovetop.
- Low Carb. Only 3 net carbs per serving.
- Gluten Free. Unlike some other stir fry recipes, this one doesn't use rice or noodles (just make sure you use gluten-free soy sauce).
- High Protein. Packs 20 grams of protein per serving.
- Delicious. Flavored with incredible aromatics.
Can You Make A Keto Stir Fry?
The main issue with stir fry recipes is that they use hoisin and oyster sauces all of which have sugar in them.
That makes it really hard to make a keto stir fry. In fact, this is part of why people find it so difficult to get good low carb Chinese recipes at all.
Well, we are about to fix that. In this ground pork recipe I've stayed away from bottled sauces. Instead, all of the flavor in this keto stir fry is going to come from the aromatics, and from the pork and chilis.
Another issue with stir fries is that they serve over rice or noodles. We are going to use butter lettuce cups instead.
What Is In Keto Stir Fry?
- Ground Pork
You'll be sitting down to a fantastic low carb pork stir fry with vegetables before you know it.
What To Serve With Keto Stir Fry
There are many creative ways to serve this stir fry.
- You can serve it with lettuce cups as I call for, but you can also top a salad with it.
- Make a fried egg and serve on top of it
- For the non-keto members, make sticky rice and serve on that
Can I Freeze This Ground Pork Recipe?
I suggest you freeze it in one-cup portions so that it defrosts quickly, and you can use as much or as little as needed.
Variations On This Keto Pork Stir Fry
- Adjust chilis to suit everyone's taste buds
- Add some chopped bok choy into the pork as it is cooking
- Use shredded napa cabbage and forgo the butter lettuce cups
This is really a great keto stir fry recipe to make with some fresh herbs and frozen pork or beef, or chicken, that you can quickly defrost.
How to Make Pork Stir Fry
1. Gather ingredients for pork stir fry.
2. To the hot oil, add ginger, garlic, and ground meat.
3. Chop green chilis and onions.
4. Make a well in the center, and add green chilis.
5. Mix Cilantro and green onions.
6. Add sweet red pepper.
7. Add sambal olek, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
8. Serve in butter lettuce cups.
Want More Keto Pork Recipes?
- Pulled Pork- loaded with delicious Mexican flavor.
- Pork Carnitas- Make these in your Instant Pot.
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork- tacos seasoned with Indian spices.
- Smoked Mexican Pork Shoulder- lovely smoked flavors.
- Pressure Cooker Carne Adovada- a low carb delight.
- Schezuan Pork Soup- Sichuan cuisine made at home.
- Chile Verde- a quick and easy pork recipe.
- Instant Pot Pork Stew- a hearty low carb soup.
So the next time you get a craving for some stir fryer, cook up some of this deliciously Keto Stir Fry! Let me know if you enjoyed it in the comments!
- 1 pound (453.59 g) ground pork
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Minced Ginger
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons (2 teaspoons) Sambal Olek, or other spicy red chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Lemon Juice
- 2-3 (2 ) Green Chili’s sliced, jalapenos, serranos, or bird’s eye chilis, depending on how hot you want your dish
- 1/2 cup (50 g) Chopped Green Scallions
- 1/2 cup (8 g) chopped cilantro
- 1 (1 ) head butter lettuce
- In a 10-inch pan over medium high heat, add oil. To the hot oil, add minced ginger and garlic and let them sizzle for 2-3 seconds. Add the ground pork. Mix well and brown the meat, breaking up all the clumps. You want some crispy parts, but mainly you want to cook the pork well.
- While the meat cooks, chop up the green onions and cilantro. Mix them in a bowl and set aside.
- After about 8 minutes when the meat is almost done, push the meat to the sides to create a small space in the middle. Add the sliced green and red chilis.
- Pour in soy sauce, sesame oil, the sambal olek if using and stir well.
- Turn off the stove and let the pork rest uncovered for 3-4 minutes to cool a little.
- Stir in the chopped green onions and cilantro. Sprinkle the lemon juice and stir well.
- Separate the butter lettuce leaves and allow your diners to serve themselves some of the spicy pork mixture into each butter lettuce, leaf. Or skip the lettuce and just eat the meat—good either way.
Watch The Video
- You can substitute any kind of ground meat for this recipe.
- If you use leaner meat like ground chicken or turkey, you may need to add a little bit of oil.
- If you plan to meal prep this, make the sauce and ground meat with seasonings ahead of time, but don't mix in the cilantro and onions until the last minute.
- For the carb eaters, serve with rice. For low carb, serve in lettuce cups or even over a mixed green salad.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Don't forget to check out my other Keto cookbooks.
Keto Instant Pot, Keto Fat Bombs, Sweets, & Treats, and Easy keto in 30 minutes.
Made this tonight and we loved it ! I added mushrooms and omitted the cilantro ( don't like it ). Served it over cauli fried rice. It is spicy and ful of flavour.
This is one of our favourite keto meals now. The next day with leftovers sometimes we add a scoop of peanut butter. Delicious! Even our daughter eats it! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! I asked my boyfriend to pick up meat from the store for dinner and he came home with ground pork and I was thinking to myself what the heck am I going to do with this? Prior to keto we used it for Italian carby recipes so I am SO glad I found your recipe! It helped me think outside the box and do something with pork I do with beef regularly!
Thank you! Tastes wonderful!
This was delicious. Added some Bok Choy and broccolini that I stir fried first. Definitely make again.
Quick and tasty meal!
This was delicious!!
This recipe is fantastic and super easy to prepare! I used pork tenderloin cut into thin strips instead of ground pork, and all I had were pickled jalapenos. I also subbed Sriracha for whatever the specific sauce was, and served with cauli rice instead of on butter lettuce. My mouth is on fire in the most delightful way. I love all the fresh elements that really lift this dish up. A new favorite!
Yay! So good to hear
I've been planning to leave my comment here ever since I made this dish the first time. It is one of the most loved recipes in our family and we have it every week. The combination of ginger, sambal olek, soy and sesame oil makes it exquisite. I decided to use one habanero in combination with jalapeño (because we like habanero's strong aroma and hotness) and to serve the dish on endives leaves instead of lettuce, because we found that the (lightly) bitter taste of endives complements this dish perfectly. Going to make it again tonight ... 🙂 Thank you!
This was awesome! I used the Napa cabbage idea instead of lettuce leaves. It was a huge hit and the flavors were amazing!