Are you looking for a quick and easy way to make a delicious soup for dinner tonight? Look no further than this Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup! It’s packed with flavor, yet is so simple to make that you can have it on the table in just minutes.
Why This Will Be Your New Favorite Comfort Food
- Fast. Have a comforting meal on the table in under 30 minutes with the help of your Instant Pot.
- Easy. This is a simple pour and cook recipe that uses two quick cooking times to perfectly cook your veggies, protein, and pasta.
- Delicious. Packed with tons of flavor from the vegetables, herbs, chicken broth, and creamy cheese tortellini.
- Nutritious. Loaded with healthy ingredients for a meal that you'll feel good about feeding your family.
This recipe requires minimal effort and few ingredients but yields amazing results. Plus, the Instant Pot does all the work for you! So, if you want a comforting meal without much effort, this recipe is definitely one to reach for.
What Protein Goes Best With Tortellini?
If you're cooking with cheese tortellini as I did with this tortellini soup recipe, the possibilities are endless. Two of my favorite proteins to serve with cheese tortellini are chicken and Italian sausage, but you can absolutely use your creativity to assemble a dish that will keep your tastebuds guessing.
For this dish, I chose chicken because it has a flavor profile that pairs well with a variety of ingredients while still being strong enough to sing through the flavors brought to the soup from the vegetables and pasta.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Chicken breasts- You can also use chicken tenderloins or chicken thighs in this recipe and get a a great result.
- Onion- Diced finely and sauted to add some sweetness and flavor.
- Carrots- Give color, sweetness, and added nutrition to the soup.
- Celery- Add texture and flavor to the chicken broth.
- Chicken broth- To boost the natural chicken flavor released from the breasts while cooking.
- Cheese tortellini-Cook up plump and tender for a flavorful bite.
- Garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper
How To Make Chicken Tortellini Soup
This is one of my favorite Instant Pot soup recipes because it is so simple to make but it's packed with family-friendly flavors.
Use the easy-to-follow steps below for a Chicken Tortellini Soup recipe that turns out perfect every time:
- Add all ingredients except for the tortellini to the Instant Pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes and quickly release all remaining pressure. Add the tortellini.
- Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure, stir, and serve!
- Make it creamy. Add a splash of heavy cream as you're serving the soup to give the broth a super creamy mouth feel.
- Add a kick of spice. Sprinkle in a few red pepper flakes before cooking under pressure to add a hint of heat to the broth.
- Give it some greens. Before the second cooking cycle, add in a handful of spinach with the tortellini for some added color and nutrients.
- Skip the meat. Omit the chicken and use vegetable broth for a vegetarian-friendly soup option.
What To Eat With Tortellini Soup
Tortellini Soup can be paired with a variety of sides to complement the flavors and make a complete meal. Some of my favorite pairings are:
- Salad greens with a simple vinaigrette dressing
- A crusty bread for dipping
- Garlic bread for added flavor
- A side of steamed vegetables
- Crackers or toasted baguette slices for added texture
How Long Does It Last?
Worried that you won't be able to finish a whole pot of soup in one sitting? Chicken Tortellini Soup will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days if stored properly in an airtight container, so you can enjoy the leftovers for a quick lunch solution or for dinner the following night.
Can You Freeze It?
This chicken tortellini soup freezes and reheats really well, so it's a great choice if you're preparing freezer meals for a rainy day.
In the freezer, tortellini soup will last for up to 3 months.
To reheat the soup, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and then warm it in your Instant Pot using the 'saute' function. Make sure to warm it until it is fully heated through to ensure food safety.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
If you're a fan of the convenience of pour and cook Instant Pot meals, you're going to love some of my other simple soup recipes.
Check out some of my most loved dishes:
If you love this Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup recipe as much as we do, make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook and Instagram so your friends can try it too! Don't forget to Pin it so you can make it again soon!
- 1/2 pound chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 32 oz Chicken Broth
- 19 oz Cheese Tortellini
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Add all ingredients except for the tortellini to the Instant Pot and cook under high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes and then quickly release all remaining pressure. and then add the tortellini.
- Cook under high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure, stir, and serve!
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Don't forget to check out my other Best-selling Instant Pot Cookbooks!
Indian Instant Pot, Keto Instant Pot, Instant Pot Fast and Easy, Healthy Instant Pot & Vegetarian Instant Pot.
Leave a Reply