As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. We may also earn money from the companies mentioned in this post.
Tangy, sweet, spicy Air Fryer Korean Chicken Wings with Gochujang make a delightful easy keto appetizer or meal. Make these in your air fryer or oven and enjoy the finger-licking goodness.
This was my third try at these wings. The first time, let’s face it I had no idea how to even buy wings, let alone make them. My facebook group really helped me out with that!
But the sauce lacked a little something to me. It was good, it wasn’t great. Then my friend John was talking about how he makes Korean pork tacos, and he told me that he puts mayonnaise in his sauce.
Now I’d been planning to make a dip with just mayo and gochujang, but I hadn’t thought of cooking with it!
So I decided to give it a try and I’m so glad I did. Thee Keto Air Fryer Korean Chicken Wings take very little effort, but they are super flavorful.
Oh, and super messy so get ready for that with lots of napkins.
WHAT’S THIS ABOUT GOCHUJANG?
You definitely want the gochujang. No, you just REALLY want it.
Spiced, sweet umami, tangy–and nothing comes close to it. Nothing. No substitutes for this one! Don’t even try. Just get it and once you do, you can use it for the following recipes:
And I have no doubt I will be coming up with other recipes that need it.
OTHER WAYS TO MAKE THIS GOCHUJANG KOREAN CHICKEN WINGS
One of the wonderful things about having an active, enthusiastic, capable Facebook group is that I’m surrounded by home chefs that are passionate and creative.
Martin Jacoby made this recipe using drumsticks and using a smoker instead of an air fryer. So you can make smoked Korean chicken with the same sauce, but by using a smoker instead.
What you want to do is use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken cooks to 165F as recommended.
But look at how beautifully those turned out! If you smoke them, be sure to leave feedback either here or in the group, letting Martin know you were inspired by him.
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS KETO AIR FRYER KOREAN CHICKEN WINGS:
- Breville Smart Oven Air or Gowise Air Fryer
- Measuring Cups
- My favorite Cutting Board
- Good set of Kitchen Knives
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds optional
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions optional
- Preheat your oven or air fryer to 400F
- Take a small roasting pan or a baking pan and line it with foil. Place a rack inside this pan.
- Salt and Pepper the chicken wings and place on the rack.
- You want to use a rack to raise them, so they can drip fat into the tray below.
- Set the timer to 20 minutes and allow the chicken wings to cook, turning once at 10 minutes.
- As the chicken bakes or air fries, mix together all the sauce ingredients and let the sauce marinate while the chicken wings finish cooking.
- As you near the 20-minute mark use a thermometer to check the meat. When the chicken wings reach 160F remove them from the oven and place into a bowl.
- Pour about half the sauce on the wings, and toss to coat the wings with the sauce.
- Place the chicken wings back into the oven or air fryer and cook for another 5 minutes until the sauce has glazed over, and the chicken is completely cooked and has reached at least 165F.
- Remove, sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onions and serve with plenty of napkins.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.
Don’t forget to check out my Air Fryer Cookbook!
Every one of the recipes in this book can be made in an hour or less, and many are on the table in as little as 30 minutes. You won’t find “cream of anything” cans in the ingredient list: instead, you’ll start with fresh ingredients–healthful meats and vegetables–and let the air fryer do the hard work. Unleash the full potential of your Air Fryer and eat healthfully every night.