Cook a Spicy Thai Basil Beef along with a pot of rice at the same time in your pressure cooker. Make a quick-pickled salad while they cook, to serve a healthy, fast dinner.
What Makes These Spicy Thai Basil Beef Bowls So Awesome?
- Simple. These basil bowls are basically a combination of ground beef, basil leaves (that are used both cooked as well as fresh) and a handful of sauce ingredients.
- Cooking. Although I made these Spicy Thai Basil Beef Bowls in the Instant Pot, there's no reason why you couldn't do them in on the stovetop.
- Quick Dinner. The Instant Pot makes these so easy, and they cook in less than 30 minutes!
- Flavor. If you love comfort food, imagine that combined with flavorful herbs, and that's what you get with these Spicy Thai Basil Beef Bowls!
How Do You Make Spicy Thai Basil Beef Bowls?
Why Should I Make These Thai Basil Beef Bowls in the Instant Pot?
- One-Pot. The advantage of making these Basil Beef Bowls in a pressure cooker was that I cooked the rice and the beef at the same time.
- Pickled Veggies. While it was cooking, I put together the quick-pickled vegetables so that they'd be ready when the meat and rice were ready.
How Can I Make These Spicy Basil Beef Bowls Low Carb?
If you're trying to low carb, then don't make the rice. Just eat the meat and vegetables. In this case, double up on the cucumber and omit the carrots. This would make an awesome Keto ground beef recipe!
Alternatively, you could make cauliflower rice to serve with these. I don't buy bagged, but make my own because it's really simple and tastes so much better.
Why Are There So Many Ingredients?
Okay I know this looks like a long list of ingredients, but there are very few steps, and it makes meat, rice, and vegetables for dinner. Just get everything together beforehand and it will move fast.
Want More One Pot Instant Pot Recipes?
- Easy Chicken Korma - this is such a flavorful dish and it's easy!
- Instant Pot Pot Roast - the best pot roast you'll ever have!
- Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice - all one pot and incredible flavors!
Whether you make these Spicy Thai Basil Beef Bowls in the Instant Pot, or on the stovetop, or even make them as a Keto Ground Beef recipe, you're going to love how such a flavorful dish can come together so quickly! That's the joy in homemade Thai Food. Pin this recipe on Pinterest or share it on Facebook to save it.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
For the Beef
- 1 tablespoons (1 tablespoons) Vegetable Oil
- 5 (5 ) Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablepoon (1 tablepoon) julienned ginger
- 2 (2 ) Dried Red Chilis
- 1 cup (160 g) Sliced Onions
- 1 pound (453.59 g) Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup (24 g) Basil leaves, divided
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) Water, or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoons (1 tablespoons) Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Splenda, or sugar
- 2 tablespoons (4 tablespoons) fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Sesame Oil
For the Rice
For the Rice
- Rinse rice and place rice, water and salt into a heat safe pot that will fit inside your pressure cooker.
- Cover this pot with foil or a silicone lid
For the Beef
- Turn your Instant Pot to Sauté high, and when it is hot, add oil. When the oil is shimmering hot, add ginger, garlic and chilis and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add sliced onions and sauté 1 minute
- Add in ground beef and break up lumps. Don't worry about cooking it at this point. Just make sure it's not going to cook as one big lump of meat.
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped basil leaves (add more if you like basil, just leave enough to add some fresh leaves at the end).
- Add all the other beef ingredients and mix well.
- Place a steamer rack on top of the beef.
- On the rack, place the covered rice pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes and allow it to release pressure for 5 minutes. Release all remaining pressure.
For the Salad
- While the rice and beef are cooking, julienne the carrots and cucumbers, and mix with vinegar, sugar and salt. I added red pepper flakes to mine.