This recipe for Greek Meatballs and Tomato Sauce is perfect for the Instant Pot and will be loved by the whole family!
I’ve been looking at different Greek meatball recipes and finally decided to just pick one and make it. I wanted something easy, something I could make in the Instant Pot, and something that was kid-friendly so that it could be a meal the whole family would enjoy.
I finally put this together after reading many different recipes.
LIKE MEATBALLS? CHECK OUT THESE ASIAN-STYLE CHICKEN COCONUT MEATBALLS!
I’ll be honest it was a little bland for me but I’m also the person that puts cayenne pepper on top of cayenne pepper to make the first cayenne pepper hotter.
My son, who is a very picky eater loved it, and my husband said that had I not burned out so many taste buds from eating too-spicy food, I would have appreciated the flavors more. So I think that means it’s a good family meal and one that your children will likely enjoy as well. 🙂
I sautéed the meatballs to slightly brown them, but that was actually a little frail because they fall apart really easily. I really don’t think they need it, so I’m going to write this recipe without that step so you don’t break them up like a few of mine did.
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER GREEK MEATBALLS AND TOMATO SAUCE:
- Instant Pot Mini Duo, or Instant pot 6 quarts, or Instant Pot 8 Quarts
- Measuring Cups
- My favorite Cutting Board
- Good set of Kitchen Knives
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
For the meatballs
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs and shape into 8-10 meatballs and place in single layer in the Instant Pot.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together in a bowl and pour over meatballs.
- Set it at High Pressure for 15 minutes, let it release pressure naturally.
- Open the lid and gently remove the meatballs.
- Use an immersion blender to get the sauce smooth (you could skip this but I had some rice and meat in the sauce and I wanted it smooth.
- Pour it over the meatballs, garnish with parsley if desired and serve.