Make this and tell me how it’s any faster to get this at the store. By the time you walk into the store, put it in your cart, pay for it…I’ll have eaten half the homemade hummus 🙂 Serve with pita chips, or fresh vegetables such as celery, cucumbers, carrots, red or green peppers.
- 15.5 ounce can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans , reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Optional Garnish
- Ground Paprika
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (put into a small pan and toast over low-medium heat until they turn light brown)
- 2 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place all ingredients except garnish in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into bowl and decorate with garnish ingredients.
- There is no fourth step. Didn't I tell you it was very simple?
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.