This Yellow Chicken Curry is full of wonderful Thai flavors and comes together quickly, so it’s perfect for a weeknight meal. It’s also a little unusual because I baked the chicken in the oven and air fryer rather than cooking it stovetop, or in an Instant Pot. It’s a great hands-off meal and it’s yet another low carb chicken recipe to add to your weekly rotation.
Thai Baked Yellow Chicken Curry
I try to come up with recipes that use the same ingredients, but make two flavors or two different dishes. This was one package of chicken thighs (about six, boneless, skinless thighs) and one can of coconut milk. I ended up making Yellow Chicken Curry and an Indian Style Coconut Milk chicken thighs.
I love that it’s baked, which means not only is it hands off, but the coconut milk makes an easy small amount of sauce with which to baste the chicken. Definitely, an easy, flavorful meal to make.
You can serve Yellow Chicken Curry over rice or noodles to complete the meal. If you’re trying to stick to low-carb you can use a low-carb noodle, or riced cauliflower instead of traditional rice. Either way, you’re going to love the flavor profiles in this and how easily it comes together!
NEED A VEGETABLE SIDE DISH TO GO WITH THIS MEAL? CHECK OUT ALL MY VEGETABLE SIDE RECIPES HERE!
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS THAI YELLOW CHICKEN CURRY:
- Gowise Air Fryer or Philips Avance XL or Breville Smart Oven Air
- Meat Thermometer. Essential for Air Fryer cooking!
- AIr Fryer accessory set or 7-inch pan
- Tongs to move stuff around. I use either these big silicone tongs or this set of Smaller Tongs which are easier on my hands
- Measuring cups
- My favorite cutting board
- Good set of knives
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
This Yellow Chicken Curry is full of wonderful Thai flavors and comes together quickly, so it's perfect for a weeknight meal. It's also a little unusual because I baked the chicken in the oven and air fryer rather than cooking it stovetop, or in an Instant Pot. It's a great hands-off meal and it's yet another low carb chicken recipe to add to your weekly rotation.
- n a quart ziplock bag put in the chicken, followed by all the other ingredients.
- Zip the top of the bag securely and then start smooshing all the ingredients together until well mixed.
- Let the bag rest overnight or at least an hour to let the flavors meld.
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Put the chicken and the sauce in a pie pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- I served this with roasted cauliflower that I cooked at the same time, and in a separate pan I also made Indian-style Chicken thighs so that I had two different flavors of chicken to serve.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.
Don’t forget to check out my Air Fryer Cookbook!
Every one of the recipes in this book can be made in an hour or less, and many are on the table in as little as 30 minutes. You won’t find “cream of anything” cans in the ingredient list: instead, you’ll start with fresh ingredients–healthful meats and vegetables–and let the air fryer do the hard work. Unleash the full potential of your Air Fryer and eat healthfully every night.